Few joining up questions

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by Mullen1981, Feb 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm thinking about going in for the ta, I've got all the forms to fill in but I just have a few questions.

I'm currently in a iva and I know debt is taken into account when joining the regs but what about the ta? I was hoping as it's part time debt isn't taken into account as much?

My local ta centre is split between a field medical and a RLC. what would be better to join in terms of it helping me outside of the army in civy jobs? I understand a cmt would give me a advantage when going for a medical job but would it actually help me in going for jobs?
    The RLC appeals to me as I'm thinking of becoming a driver but I'm wondering if I would get my hgv licence through the army and mean I could get a hgv civy job?

I currently work in a office and it's killing me bur it's money so I can't complain.

I'm just wondering what would you actually do in the ta if I was a driver in the RLC? what I mean is on parade nights what would I actually do cos my local doesn't have any machines I would be working on so I'm at a loss as to what I would be doing? I've been to my local ta centre but I'm still not 100% on what I will actually be doing on nights I go there on the nights be it the medical side of things or RLC?

I know I'm no doubt asking questions that could be answered by the sgts at my local centre but I'm wondering if I could get answers from guys on here as the next night isn't for another 2 weeks away,

Cheers in advance

2. If you join your local RLC unit you will be taken through your driving licences up to and including Cat C+E (some units will take you without having Cat B and take you through that first, some won't). In any unit you have the opportunity to do a HSE First Aid at Work course which transfers over to civvy life as well.

As for what you will be doing on drill nights: A combination of vehicle preparation, MATTs, exercise preparation for the following weekend and of course PT.