Few joining up questions

I'm thinking about going in for the ta, I've got all the forms to fill in but I just have a few questions.

I'm currently in a iva and I know debt is taken into account when joining the regs but what about the ta? I was hoping as it's part time debt isn't taken into account as much?

My local ta centre is split between a field medical and a RLC. what would be better to join in terms of it helping me outside of the army in civy jobs? I understand a cmt would give me a advantage when going for a medical job but would it actually help me in going for jobs?
The RLC appeals to me as I'm thinking of becoming a driver but I'm wondering if I would get my hgv licence through the army and mean I could get a hgv civy job?

I currently work in a office and it's killing me bur it's money so I can't complain.

I'm just wondering what would you actually do in the ta if I was a driver in the RLC? what I mean is on parade nights what would I actually do cos my local doesn't have any machines I would be working on so I'm at a loss as to what I would be doing? I've been to my local ta centre but I'm still not 100% on what I will actually be doing on nights I go there on the nights be it the medical side of things or RLC?

I know I'm no doubt asking questions that could be answered by the sgts at my local centre but I'm wondering if I could get answers from guys on here as the next night isn't for another 2 weeks away,

Cheers in advance

If you join your local RLC unit you will be taken through your driving licences up to and including Cat C+E (some units will take you without having Cat B and take you through that first, some won't). In any unit you have the opportunity to do a HSE First Aid at Work course which transfers over to civvy life as well.

As for what you will be doing on drill nights: A combination of vehicle preparation, MATTs, exercise preparation for the following weekend and of course PT.