Festool power tools

Discussion in 'Classified Ads' started by cupoftea, Dec 31, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello ARRSErs,

I have for sale the following by Festool :

ROUTER - OF 2000 E/1 PLUS with assorted bits

All with everything ready, present and correct in the Systainer boxes. They were bought and used for only one project and are unmarked - almost like new!

Make me an offer. :)

Attached Files:

2. I don't suppose you are BFG based are you? Desperate to get a decent router (also for one project) and too tight to pay new prices.
  3. Anyone with a lot of sheet material to cut, the plunge saw when used with guide rail is awesome. Perfect cuts, and the dust extraction is near 100%.
  4. Owned this kit for the last 14 years, daily usage, thats testimony to the quality of anything Festo. May seem expensive at first but youre looking at 20+ yrs service. There is basically no other competitor, although Festo aquired Protool 10 years back, is slightly less expensive but better than Makita, Bosch, Dewalt etc
  5. Festool is the priciest stuff going, but DW and Bosch took a nosedive in quality years ago, Makita is currently doing so. It's now seriously overpriced for what it is, even the cordless stuff which used to be the best. I ditched my Makita cordless stuff for Milwaukee a year ago and don't miss it at all.
  6. agreed, getting difficult to decide on cordless drivers, I ve found that even the heavy duty Makita s for 350 quid dont perform, looking at 2-3 years. I now buy a 150 quid Makita expecting a 2 yr life from the offset, then when the batteries go I just buy another one. Best Joinery kit is Festo/Protool, best Carpentry kit Maffel.

Certafide, if you only need a router for a one-off, purchase one from a DIY outlet, dependant on your project, a 6mm router (600-800W) will suffice for edge moulding and fine work. If you need to do mortices or trenching then an 8mm or half inch
    (1200-2000W) is better suited
  7. The tools are now sold.