Festival of Rememberance

Its that time of the year again to sit down and be humbled, though you don't have to wait for one weekend of the year to feel that way, its seems appropriate this weekend, good thing I'm having an evening on my own tonight, there will be a few tears, i'm not ashamed to admit

Dunc

Its that time of the year again to sit down and be humbled, though you don't have to wait for one weekend of the year to feel that way, its seems appropriate this weekend, good thing I'm having an evening on my own tonight, there will be a few tears, i'm not ashamed to admit

Dunc
I have my tissues at the ready. Never be ashamed to cry.

Dunc / Dale
I am just in from the pub having watched Scotland get HUMPED by the Kiwis. Clacking a glass of something red; you enjoy your red / white / whatever. I am immensely proud of them all!!

Cheers

Chas

Its the ones that are left behind that i feel for the most, especially a lady that means a lot to me even though we have never met. The fallen are at peace now

What have they done to the Festival?

Clouds of smoke, tarts in frocks, flying gym queens, Brian May and a Bootie half colonel whose beret badge looks like it wants to join the Paras.

And the Airfield Security drill squad looks like its full of World Pie eating championship winners.

(If I've missed out on upsetting anyone, let me know and I'll have another go.)

PS bloody good show tho!!

Its an impressive show and thoughtful. Even the RAF song...proper pop singing but it was well meant and not that bad I thought. And I dont even like songs like that. I missed the start but there does seem to a bias of concentration on the RAF and Navy a bit...but its Rememberance after all and those Arms did an immense job. Good to see digitaries there showing their respects and to see the representatives of our governemnt staying awake and looking like they have some kind of idea what's in front of them.
I'll even it up a bit by saying that the women in the RAF are still as ugly now as they ever were in my day. Very good show by all taking part though.

B

Biscuits_AB

I'll even it up a bit by saying that the women in the RAF are still as ugly now as they ever were in my day. Very good show by all taking part though.
There were some right hefty old units clattering down those stairs.

A superb evening, Milliband looks embaresed but hes a twat, Bernard cribbens para tie and gong well done that man. Cant help thinking as one of the old and bold how well i would have performed.

Wept buckets, and not ashamed to admit it. My daughter is one of the 9,000 currently out in the 'Stan. I send to all my thoughts, my prayers, my respect and my love x

Laughed when I saw Ed Miliband clap very half-heartedly and looking very sulky he looked like Gollum lurking in the corner.
But asides from that wonderful show lovely to see so many recognised.

Laughed when I saw Ed Miliband clap very half-heartedly and looking very sulky he looked like Gollum lurking in the corner.
But asides from that wonderful show lovely to see so many recognised.
I saw him too, was he stifling a yawn. Or maybe it was IBS. Oh no, he's that other politico, sorry. Watched the programme ,well and who wouldn't be moved. Well done one and all, thanks for a lovely show and for helping me ruin my best shirt with snot.

Always moving. The PTI (JP?) cracking up and the reassuring hand by the Guards Sgt leading his mate's widow. Small things that sum up the whole event.