Ferry cost for GYH(O)

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Mostly9to5, Oct 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone tell me the definate answer on the following:

If you use the Rotterdam - Hull ferry as your GYH(O) journey, where in JSP 752 does it state that you have the cost of the cabin deducted from your claim on JPA.

2. Reply removed

3. Sorry, not definitive answer, but better than the last idiot.

Yes you can, as long as you didn't go large and booked clubclass! I think you can claim up to a maximum of £195 p.p. You can also include the MMA in your claim as well. Best speak to your admin staff though.

4. According to the HR staff this can't be done as the cabin is classed as subsistence. I thought that subsistence was for duty and as GYH(O) is not classed as Duty and is indeed leave how can this be.

5. You can claim for the cabin, but not the food costs if they are shown on your ticket.

You can claim for your actual travel costs up to the notional limit by which ever method you choose to travel, you just can't claim for food.

Whoever says that you can't claim for it, get them to show you it in black and white because they are talking shiite !!

6. I refer back to my original response. I have been informed by the admin ninja at my loc that you are can claim for the ferry ticket (plus cabin, which I assume was included in the price).

7. After claiming in the summer just gone, the max amount you can claim is £125/ person no matter what cabin you book. Go club suite and if its (for example) you, Mrs and 2 children = £500 for your cabin. Plus you get the notional mma claim too.

Hope this helps.

8. With the rates change, it is 195 per person travelling

but you would get the cheaper option paid be it actual or notional journey

9. A couple of different replies here, which at least gives a bit more info than 'read JSP 752'. However, I find it a bit disconcerting that 'duff' info has been given to the thread owner. Why? and How? Surely admin staff should know this scenario in their sleep!

10. Thank you for your replies. Apparently it is Brigade Policy and they have to be seen to be making cuts. However if it is policy should it not now state this in JSP.