Ferrari threaten to withdraw from F1

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by in_the_cheapseats, May 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

It is quite amusing to watch F1 start to tear itself apart again.

It is even more amusing to watch the inner mechanisms come to light as well.

Seems to me that Ferrari have been playing with a stacked deck for the last few years

Here is the BBC page

My own view in this is that if Ferrari wishes to play the spoilt child then so be it. Where else are they going to race and get the crowds that F1 can give them? I only hope that Mosley and Ecclestone have the balls to hold out properly rather than kowtow and make a new "secret" deal

I suppose the real question is

Is F1 bigger than Ferrari?

I say/hope - yes

2. I hope "Yes" also!

3. fcuking spoilt bastarsd just cos they have a shti car and a shti driver they wanna pull out, the new rules prove that it is the car and not the driver (upto a point) look at Hamilton this year!!

4. Empty words i'm afraid.

5. they are just sore cause they are getting humped right now.

6. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Whose, Matt?

7. Ferrari. F1 is what they have, are and do. They wont quit.
    They know how Mosley will react to this, expect to see the budget cap to jump an extra 60 mil.

8. Exactly - if they were even in with a sniff of the championship, they'd be playing along as usual.

9. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Four questions;

"Yes?"
    "And?"
    "So?"
    "What?"

10. Without ferrari F1 racing would never be the same again....It seems like F1 has been synonymous with Ferrari..

11. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

rubbish - the vast majority of the time ferrari, as a team, havent been able to p1ss up against a wall without filling their left shoe to overflowing.

part of the reason they did as well as they did with Schumacher (notwithstanding his talents) was due to the fact that Ross Brawn came with him from Benetton - he cut all the petty intrigue and empire building everyone says is par for the course at Maranello and got everyone pulling in the same direction. almost as soon as he leaves, they stop getting the results they were usually getting. and as for the performances they've put up so far this year... bloody hell.
    ferrari are a vast triumph of bullsh1t over substance. when they arent winding up good drivers to the point they never want to work for them again (fangio, lauda) they build crap cars (the mid sixties to mid seventies, all of the eighties and the vast bulk of the nineties) and when they're doing neither of those and they *still* arent getting their way they're whining and crying to the FIA to either get the results changed or the rules amended.
    they're a bag of sh1te - always have been, always will be. when they do well it's almost always down to one or two individuals - and look what happens when those individuals arent there.