FERGUSON EXCITED ABOUT `NEW TEAM`

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by yannie, May 22, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. FA Cup Final match report
    Sir Alex Ferguson says Manchester United have a bright future, despite their defeat in the FA Cup final.
    Sir Alex's men were beaten on penalties by Arsenal in Cardiff but he says they will have chances to put that right.

The average age of the United starting XI was 25 and the boss said: "We're heading towards a new team with some of the young players that are here.

"We have no problems age-wise, apart from Roy Keane (33), as the ones at 30 and Ryan Giggs (31) are fit lads."

He added: "They can play for two or three more years quite easily.

"We have young players like John O'Shea (24), Darren Fletcher (21), Rooney and Ronaldo. They'll all be here for a long time.

Our club has handled adversity well over the years and will do so again

Sir Alex Ferguson

"All the defenders are good ages. Wes Brown is 25, Rio Ferdinand is 26 and Mikael Silvestre is 28 in August. Gary Neville is 30 but for a defender that is fine."

United outplayed Arsenal for long spells at the Millennium Stadium before suffering in the penalty lottery.

But Sir Alex is convinced that his side will bounce back next season.

"The test of any manager or player is how they handle adversity," he said.

"I think our club has handled that well over the years and will do so again. They are a good bunch."

2. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

This should be in the 'Sports and Tedious Ball-kicking Games' forum rather than Current Affairs, surely?

3. Others have tried to explain the forum idea VB, but yannie just doesn't 'get it', even though "she" is trying very very hard to! :wink:

4. BB alert.

Cutting and pasting and talking shite.... hmm, I wonder.

5. ooooh, we onto some BB bashing?

LET THE GAMES BEGIN

6. Not on this forum you don't!

Thankin' you. :)

PB

7. I AM A LADY WHO NEED`S TO HAVE EVERYTING DONE FOR ME SORRY

8. How truly pathetic if that is the case. I'll say no more as this is PB's board.

9. IS THAT A MAGAZINE WHICH YOU FIND ARTICLES IN

10. Dozy - much appreciated!

Folks - can we now move back onto the sports topic - or move elsewhere? Muchly thank yous,

PB
    :)

11. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Yes we can-

Celtic lost the league in Scotland - Rangers stole it. I am not a fan of either team but hats off to Rangers, they were the ones who kept on when it mattered. Perhaps the fact that Celts are losing their manager and some of their 'class' players may have been a factor.