Ferdinand fined £45,000

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by dave8307, Aug 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Rio Ferdinand fined £45,000 for racist comment at Ashley Cole - should have been £4.5m, that would have hurt him:

Rio Fined For 'Choc Ice' Twitter Comment

Rio Ferdinand has been fined £45,000 for comments he made on Twitter about the John Terry racism trial.

The Football Association's Independent Regulatory Commission found him guilty of improper conduct after he endorsed a comment about Chelsea defender Ashley Cole.

On July 14, the Manchester United defender received a message on his Twitter account describing Cole as a "choc ice" - a term understood to mean someone black on the outside, but white on the inside.

He wrote back, saying: "I hear you fella! Choc ice is classic hahahahah!!"

Cole gave evidence on behalf of Terry in last month's high profile race trial.

England defender Terry was cleared of racially abusing Ferdinand's brother Anton during a game between Chelsea and QPR last October.

A statement from the Football Association said: "The commission decided that the comment was improper and brought the game into disrepute.

"In addition, the commission found that the breach included a reference to ethnic origin, colour or race.

"Ferdinand was fined £45,000 and warned as to his future conduct."
  2. Does that make him officially a racist?
  3. 3 days wage for him...
  4. It does make him a ****.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Weird, isn't it? Throughout recent years "they" have been able to avoid being labelled racist, even when they've called us "honkies", etc but now thanks to Ferdinand and the like it's back in the news.

FFS, Chinese have been calling us "Gweilo" (white ghost) for years....I'm sure that those of us who can speak a bit of Chinese don't take offence to that or other expletives. Those of a certain persuasion call us "kaffir", but you don't hear us going on about it too much (or, to be honest, hear of them being arrested for racist comments).

Hopefully, this will end this stupid witch-hunt which started when Terry (allegedly) repeated what Ferdinand said to Terry.....something on the lines of "are you saying you are a ******* ***** *******?"
  6. Just as well he wasn't speaking to a Sapper, there would have been shit on.
  7. Bit like calling free speech a dinosaur I guess.
  8. You're right but if someone calls me a Rosbif then it's war!
  9. How does the FA get it right and the courts wrong?
  10. Probably because the FA tends to treat all races the same and not just make examples of those who are white.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. So where is his 8 game ban then ^~
  12. Why,He commented on an ambiguous 'racist' remark on Twitter,didn't actually make a racist remark,unlike Terry,who was reported by a member of the public,and not Anton Ferdinand,which is conveniently forgotten,by a lot of 'knockers' on here.

Terry,will be a racist,ad infinitum,regardless of how many expensive mouthpieces he employs,Rio's problem is,he just stupid!
  13. Next time comment with knowledge ^~
    • Like Like x 1
  14. You have to remember,when Rio gives someone the finger,he's showing them his IQ,when he was younger,it was the number of bedrooms in his starter home! ;P

Am I allowed to say that,guv! :meditate:
    • Like Like x 1
  15. So be very careful what you say/write/think; if a third party takes offence, you could go to gaol, and if found not guilty, be found guilty by another body. Welcome to the world of free speech and thought crime.

Why don't the FA fine the players by the month? Very naughty, two month's pay, etc.