Fenian Bastards

Is this term gonna be knocked by the pc brigade?

S

stabradop

Unlikely, its it is technically a term for an Irish Nationalist rather than Irish people in general although I have had it aimed at me in the past until I explained to the thick headed subhu what it meant

A member of the Fenian Brotherhood who happens to have been born outside wedlock, no Fenian bastard is shorter

TFB...the Fenian B...ride!

Zoot said:
Wonk_Mog said:
Is this term gonna be knocked by the pc brigade?
Why you asking?
Just curious as to how it is viewed in the rest of the world. We are no longer permitted to refer to colour or creed by the PC birgade, I wonder if the term fenian will ever be forcibly disassociated with the word bastard.

I hope not. That logo on my T-shirt usually guarantees a good night in The Bogside Inn.

I want one of those for my Fenian BIL...an Irish nationalist through and through despite his devotion to Bath RFC and England! Bless his plastic shamrock!

It's banned at at certain football venues I believe.

What's the difference between an apple and an orange?
Have you ever heard of an apple bastard? :twisted:

Works both ways i suppose, the world has gone pc mad nowadays,i mean removing the scenes where Guy Gibson refers to his dog in the Dambusters when shown on tv is a prime example.
Madness 8O

bohs_man said:
What's the difference between an apple and an orange?
Have you ever heard of an apple bastard? :twisted:

Works both ways i suppose, the world has gone pc mad nowadays,i mean removing the scenes where Guy Gibson refers to his dog in the Dambusters when shown on tv is a prime example.
Madness 8O
You mean Guy Gibsons dog was called "Fenian B@stard" ?

Well I learn something new every day

Wonk_Mog said:
I wonder if the term fenian will ever be forcibly disassociated with the word bastard.
Shortly after the words English and wanker become similarly disassociated, I should think.

You may fail your Equality Commission audit if caught using it in the work place.

alib said:
You may fail your Equality Commission audit if caught using it in the work place.
What the fenian or the bastard?

Gentlemen - there he is, the charming and playful Nigger...who was a huge morale boost to the squadron during the operations against the dams.

According to Wikipedia, he will be renamed "Nigsy" in the forthcoming remake of The Dambusters...in which case perhaps we should start thinking of other operational codewords that might cause offence and alter history to assuage sensitivities. For example Op Granby is bound to offend French cavalrymen, Op Husky will be offensive to the larger individual and I would imagine Op Blackcock is an accident just waiting to happen...

PC run bast4rding riot. Me? I am a porage wog, a sweaty et cetera and have no problem with what you call me - it all depends on the tone. frankly a black dog in the 1940s being called "Nigger" is not unremarkable and is an indicator in itself of social mores. For pity's sake nigger minstrels were only just passing out of fashion. The telescope of history reversed is an inaccurate and ill-advised instrument IMHO.

In Bosnia in 1995, some of you may remember that several UN detachments were redeployed when Republika Srbska collapsed and the Croat army went malleting people up the Livno valley. A chippy Brit officer at MND(N) drew up some plans to co-locate the Nigerian contingent with the Norwegians: fortunately, the CoS headed off the delightfully named NigNog Batt.

FourZeroCharlie said:
In Bosnia in 1995, some of you may remember that several UN detachments were redeployed when Republika Srbska collapsed and the Croat army went malleting people up the Livno valley. A chippy Brit officer at MND(N) drew up some plans to co-locate the Nigerian contingent with the Norwegians: fortunately, the CoS headed off the delightfully named NigNog Batt.
I normally sneer contemptuously when I read on forums at what I'm about to 'say' but that could have been dangerous to my screen/keyboard if I hadn't just put down my tea. I didn't see the punchline coming. Nice one.

Is it OK to say teague bastard?