Feminism done properly

Samizdata feminist of the day « Samizdata

I give you Kaitlin Bennett of Ohio:

https://www.samizdata.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/woman-with-rifle.jpg

"As a woman, I refuse to be a victim & the second amendment ensures that I don’t have to be.
@KentState puts up fliers in dorms w/ the stat that 1 in 4 women will be sexually assaulted in college, but denies women the right to protect themselves with their firearm. In 2016 KSU reported 3x as many rapes on campus than 2015. Stop letting women be victims."

God Bless you, America; Land of the brave home of the free, and certifiably nuts, in a heavily armed and fun way.

Wouldn't a taser be more effective? And a lot more fun.

"As a woman, I refuse to be a victim & the second amendment ensures that I don’t have to be.
@KentState puts up fliers in dorms w/ the stat that 1 in 4 women will be sexually assaulted in college, but denies women the right to protect themselves with their firearm. In 2016 KSU reported 3x as many rapes on campus than 2015. Stop letting women be victims."

God Bless you, America; Land of the brave home of the free, and certifiably nuts, in a heavily armed and fun way.
Since 1970 the words 'Kent State University' and 'firearms' have mixed very uneasily.

She'll never be able to deploy that quickly enough to be of any use in that situation. A pistol is a much better choice of firearm in that environment. It's not as if you're engaging a rapist at 100yds plus!

The photo and story was reported on the BBC a few days ago. She was apparently protesting that as a student she was not allowed to carry a gun on the university campus whereas visitors were. She therefore decided to carry the rifle to her graduation

Apparently:

"she chose the AR-10, a higher-powered version of the AR-15 rifle that has become controversial due to its use in recent mass shootings, including Parkland and the Newtown elementary school, because it matched her white dress and heels."

"she chose the AR-10, a higher-powered version of the AR-15 rifle that has become controversial due to its use in recent mass shootings, including Parkland and the Newtown elementary school, because it matched her white dress and heels."
I bet that was a tricky moment - standing in front of her armoury wondering which LBW would best match her foot wear.

Is it too early to say........I would?

Wimmin and firearms? John G will be spinning in his grave

There’s absolutely no reason to ever use a taser.
Anything that would warrant one would be vastly better solved with a .45
You're no fun.

You have to admire the risk perception of US students.

I think you're confusing date rape after a night at the bar with someone they know vs. being targeted while walking alone late at night. Extremely few gun owners, if any, carry when they go out for a night full of drinking. They lock it in their vehicle instead.
What could possibly go wrong.