Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Femi Oluwule appreciation thread

From WIKIPEDIA

Oluwole was born in Darlington to Nigerian parents - a surgeon father and a paediatrician mother, who both emigrated to the United Kingdom in the 1980s.[3][4][5] He grew up in the West Midlands but as a child lived in several different places across the country, having once attended a school in Dundee.[6][7] He was privately educated at the Yarm School, and went on to study law and the French language at the University of Nottingham, while completing an Erasmus Programme year in France
So he is a twat basically.

Never heard of him before this thread. I’m obviously spending too much time on forge of empires. I have got this little message for him though.

I’m getting a bit fed up with people hanging the blame for slavery around the necks of ordinary people.

If history was examined In even cursory detail, we would quickly establish that the huge majority of people didn’t own sugar plantations in the West Indies and the Caribbean or anywhere else etc. Neither did most of us own boats capable of packing in several hundred people in them in inhumane conditions and transporting them thousands of miles across oceans.

My family along with 99% of other ordinary people were absolutely nothing to do with the slave trade. We didn’t invent it, we didn’t work in it and we didn’t prosper from it.

Neither, given the social, economic and political conditions of the era when slavery was rife around the world, could people like my family do anything about it.

Life back when slavery was in it’s heyday wasn’t exactly a barrel of laughs for the majority of poor people in what went for “civilised‘ society back in those days.

many people lived day to day not knowing where their next penny or their next meal was coming from. Those at the bottom of the ladder were regarded as dross. They were actually treated only marginally better than slaves in many ways.

earnings were minuscule if you could find work. Most people who were lucky to find it worked in back breaking jobs for long hours every day and earned barely enough to feed their families and pay the rent on the hovel they had to live in. If it was a bad week, they didn’t eat because the rent had to be paid regardless.

No basic healthcare meant disease was prevalent everywhere and child mortality was commonplace. If a child lost their parents, they were often taken on by others as virtual slaves or just cast out onto the streets with nothing.

The judicial system was heavily weighted against ordinary people. Capital punishment was a common penalty for a large list of what must be regarded as really quite minor offences including petty theft. For example, if you were caught, you could be hung for stealing a loaf of bread. Capital punishment was also applied to children in the same circumstances as it was applied to adults.

Given what I’ve written here, you might guess that I won’t be walking around wearing a T shirt with I’m sorry written on it. I won’t be popping down to Uxbridge in the little semi circular forecourt in front of the tube station entrance for a public display of topless self flagellation with a cat of nine tails to signify my enormous regret for something that happened several hundred years ago.

My ancestors weren’t slaves but their living conditions and the regime they worked in and how they were treated meant that they lived in pretty much only marginally better conditions than slaves did.

As awful as slavery and everything associated with it was, stop blaming me and people like me!

Last edited:
I'm not sure why he could not also continue to condemn FGM - which is a crime in Western Europe (certainly is here in the UK) - but gets told to back off. Surely as a citizen of Nigerian descent, he is less likely to be seen as a preachy white posh bird lecturing the adherents of tribal tradition, assuming of course that a preachy black posh bloke would be of any more relevance to the resident witch doctor.

He was told of to back off by a Black Somalian woman called Nimco Ali who knows a bit about it unlike Femi.

Never mind the verbiage. What's the significance of Teddy chucking a Molotov Cocktail?
I'm pretty sure the image is taken from a Banksy, no idea what 'message' it's gained.

the-banksy-graffiti-work-mild-mild-west-in-stokes-croft-bristol-APH23M.jpg

Dear Mister and Doctor Oluwule, you have spawned a useless entitled and rudderless waster who has latched onto media fame as a way of filling his empty days. Being the media, it is no handicap knowing feckall about what you're banging on about; any passing bandwagon will do. Please ground him and cut off his allowance for all our sakes. Yours most sincerely, GG981.

Never heard of him before this thread. I’m obviously spending too much time on forge of empires. I have got this little message for him though.

I’m getting a bit fed up with people hanging the blame for slavery around the necks of ordinary people.

If history was examined In even cursory detail, we would quickly establish that the huge majority of people didn’t own sugar plantations in the West Indies and the Caribbean or anywhere else etc. Neither did most of us own boats capable of packing in several hundred people in inhumane conditions and transporting them thousands of miles across oceans.

My family along with 99% of other ordinary people were absolutely nothing to do with the slave trade. We didn’t invent it, we didn’t work in it and we didn’t prosper from it.

Neither, given the social, economic and political conditions of the era when slavery was rife around the world, could people like my family do anything about.

Life back when slavery was in it’s heyday wasn’t exactly a barrel of laughs for the majority of poor people in what went for “civilised‘ society back in those days.

many people lived day to day not knowing where their next penny or their next meal was coming from. Those at the bottom of the ladder were regarded as dross. They were actually treated only marginally better than slaves in many ways.

earnings were minuscule if you could find work. Most people who were lucky to find it worked in back breaking jobs for long hours every day and earned barely enough to feed their families and pay the rent on the hovel they had to live in. If it was a bad week, they didn’t eat because the rent had to be paid regardless.

No basic healthcare meant disease was prevalent everywhere and child mortality was commonplace. If a child lost their parents, they were often taken on by others as virtual slaves or just cast out onto the streets with nothing.

The judicial system was heavily weighted against ordinary people. Capital punishment was a common penalty for a large list of what must be regarded as really quite minor offences including petty theft. For example, if you were caught, you could be hung for stealing a loaf of bread. Capital punishment was also applied to children in the same circumstances as it was applied to adults.

Given what I’ve written here, you might guess that I won’t be walking around wearing a T shirt with I’m sorry written on it. I won’t be popping down to Uxbridge in the little semi circular forecourt in front of the tube station entrance for a public display of topless self flagellation with a cat of nine tails to signify my enormous regret for something that happened several hundred years ago.

My ancestors weren’t slaves but their living conditions and the regime they worked in and how they were treated meant that they lived in pretty much only marginally better conditions than slaves did.

As awful as slavery and everything associated with it was, stop blaming me and people like me!

Your best ever post.

If history was examined In even cursory detail, we would quickly establish that the huge majority of people didn’t own sugar plantations in the West Indies and the Caribbean or anywhere else etc. Neither did most of us own boats capable of packing in several hundred people in inhumane conditions and transporting them thousands of miles across oceans.

Neither, given the social, economic and political conditions of the era when slavery was rife around the world, could people like my family do anything about.

Yebbut, they were white.