Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Femi Oluwule appreciation thread

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Never heard of him before this thread. I’m obviously spending too much time on forge of empires. I have got this little message for him though.

I’m getting a bit fed up with people hanging the blame for slavery around the necks of ordinary people.

If history was examined In even cursory detail, we would quickly establish that the huge majority of people didn’t own sugar plantations in the West Indies and the Caribbean or anywhere else etc. Neither did most of us own boats capable of packing in several hundred people in inhumane conditions and transporting them thousands of miles across oceans.

My family along with 99% of other ordinary people were absolutely nothing to do with the slave trade. We didn’t invent it, we didn’t work in it and we didn’t prosper from it.

Neither, given the social, economic and political conditions of the era when slavery was rife around the world, could people like my family do anything about.

Life back when slavery was in it’s heyday wasn’t exactly a barrel of laughs for the majority of poor people in what went for “civilised‘ society back in those days.

many people lived day to day not knowing where their next penny or their next meal was coming from. Those at the bottom of the ladder were regarded as dross. They were actually treated only marginally better than slaves in many ways.

earnings were minuscule if you could find work. Most people who were lucky to find it worked in back breaking jobs for long hours every day and earned barely enough to feed their families and pay the rent on the hovel they had to live in. If it was a bad week, they didn’t eat because the rent had to be paid regardless.

No basic healthcare meant disease was prevalent everywhere and child mortality was commonplace. If a child lost their parents, they were often taken on by others as virtual slaves or just cast out onto the streets with nothing.

The judicial system was heavily weighted against ordinary people. Capital punishment was a common penalty for a large list of what must be regarded as really quite minor offences including petty theft. For example, if you were caught, you could be hung for stealing a loaf of bread. Capital punishment was also applied to children in the same circumstances as it was applied to adults.

Given what I’ve written here, you might guess that I won’t be walking around wearing a T shirt with I’m sorry written on it. I won’t be popping down to Uxbridge in the little semi circular forecourt in front of the tube station entrance for a public display of topless self flagellation with a cat of nine tails to signify my enormous regret for something that happened several hundred years ago.

My ancestors weren’t slaves but their living conditions and the regime they worked in and how they were treated meant that they lived in pretty much only marginally better conditions than slaves did.

As awful as slavery and everything associated with it was, stop blaming me and people like me!
Yebbut, they were white.

I believe this is all the result of banning bullying at school, in the ye olde days exasperating twats like Femi, Owen, Sarkar and all the rest of the permanently oppressed were mercilessly thumped at regular intervals thought the school days break periods, their parka hoods pulled over their heads, their homework set alight, school bag thrown up a tree and the tires let down on their Raleigh Choppers until they either realised they were in fact destined to become PCSO's or they moved to Canada.

I believe this is all the result of banning bullying at school, in the ye olde days exasperating twats like Femi, Owen, Sarkar and all the rest of the permanently oppressed were mercilessly thumped at regular intervals thought the school days break periods, their parka hoods pulled over their heads, their homework set alight, school bag thrown up a tree and the tires let down on their Raleigh Choppers until they either realised they were in fact destined to become PCSO's or they moved to Canada.

And the theft of dinner money and candy, leaving the victims (of what is officially a criminal offence) destitute by 09:45 every day.
If there was any justice in the world, those bullies would have been hunted down and brought to justice, by the victims-turned-PCSOs, and subjected to the full weight of the law.

I honestly think this is true. Removing bullies takes away the natural order of things and you need that hierarchy or pyramid otherwise everything else spirals out of control.

Dalef65

Old-Salt
Never heard of him before this thread. I’m obviously spending too much time on forge of empires. I have got this little message for him though.

I’m getting a bit fed up with people hanging the blame for slavery around the necks of ordinary people.

If history was examined In even cursory detail, we would quickly establish that the huge majority of people didn’t own sugar plantations in the West Indies and the Caribbean or anywhere else etc. Neither did most of us own boats capable of packing in several hundred people in inhumane conditions and transporting them thousands of miles across oceans.

My family along with 99% of other ordinary people were absolutely nothing to do with the slave trade. We didn’t invent it, we didn’t work in it and we didn’t prosper from it.

Neither, given the social, economic and political conditions of the era when slavery was rife around the world, could people like my family do anything about.

Life back when slavery was in it’s heyday wasn’t exactly a barrel of laughs for the majority of poor people in what went for “civilised‘ society back in those days.

many people lived day to day not knowing where their next penny or their next meal was coming from. Those at the bottom of the ladder were regarded as dross. They were actually treated only marginally better than slaves in many ways.

earnings were minuscule if you could find work. Most people who were lucky to find it worked in back breaking jobs for long hours every day and earned barely enough to feed their families and pay the rent on the hovel they had to live in. If it was a bad week, they didn’t eat because the rent had to be paid regardless.

No basic healthcare meant disease was prevalent everywhere and child mortality was commonplace. If a child lost their parents, they were often taken on by others as virtual slaves or just cast out onto the streets with nothing.

The judicial system was heavily weighted against ordinary people. Capital punishment was a common penalty for a large list of what must be regarded as really quite minor offences including petty theft. For example, if you were caught, you could be hung for stealing a loaf of bread. Capital punishment was also applied to children in the same circumstances as it was applied to adults.

Given what I’ve written here, you might guess that I won’t be walking around wearing a T shirt with I’m sorry written on it. I won’t be popping down to Uxbridge in the little semi circular forecourt in front of the tube station entrance for a public display of topless self flagellation with a cat of nine tails to signify my enormous regret for something that happened several hundred years ago.

My ancestors weren’t slaves but their living conditions and the regime they worked in and how they were treated meant that they lived in pretty much only marginally better conditions than slaves did.

As awful as slavery and everything associated with it was, stop blaming me and people like me!

A very good post that only failed to attain excellent status because you omitted to add that whilst all of the above was going on in Europe, Black people in Africa were fighting amongst themselves and enslaving each other.
Such was the order of the day.
Slavery in Africa didn't just start when whitey turned up.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
A very good post that only failed to attain excellent status because you omitted to add that whilst all of the above was going on in Europe, Black people in Africa were fighting amongst themselves and enslaving each other.
Start... or end.

Mufulira

War Hero
During a tour in Ghana and bimbling about on a weekend off, viewing a slave fort at Dix Cove ( Dutch) a small group of visiting Black Afro Americans were also on site and were absolutely horrified to learn from the guide that the slaves had been sold by the warlike Ashanti to the chaps at Dix Cove and not as a result of Eurotrash raiding the coastal area. The staff at Dix Cove would/could have been overrun by people who were determined not to be sold into slavery, in a mere matter of minutes. There were a few paltry cannon but that would have required crews who knew how to serve them to be able fend off a boarding party of stout-hearted chaps. My history was re-composed to suit new and illustrating facts.

Awol

LE
BLM? No, BIS. (Blacks Invented Slavery) which is a fair supposition, what with Africa being the cradle of humanity for a few million years before they fled each other and moved north.

Can we expect Mr Lewis Hypocrite Hamilton to articulate this edgy new slogan when he next drives his slavery legacy Mercedes to victory?

And the theft of dinner money and candy, leaving the victims (of what is officially a criminal offence) destitute by 09:45 every day.
If there was any justice in the world, those bullies would have been hunted down and brought to justice, by the victims-turned-PCSOs, and subjected to the full weight of the law.
People who use the word "candy" deserve to be bullied.

Now hand over your Curly Wurly

Did he need mutilating ?
No, he needed the working parts of his gob removing with a rusty razor blade/broken bottle and the resulting gash stitching up with thorns, by his mum, in a mud hut, per SOPs.

Edit: it isn’t mutilation, it’s their culture.

Last edited:

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
BLM? No, BIS. (Blacks Invented Slavery) which is a fair supposition, what with Africa being the cradle of humanity for a few million years before they fled each other and moved north.

Can we expect Mr Lewis Hypocrite Hamilton to articulate this edgy new slogan when he next drives his slavery legacy Mercedes to victory?
Whatever, Lewis. Perhaps those Science Must Fall fellows can build you a car for the next F1 season. Its powerful magic will defeat anything that the imperialist oppressors can come up with - that, or it can have all the other cars struck by lightning just at the press of a button.

Solidarity, brother.

Latest Threads