Females In REME?

Was thinking about becoming an armourer, but would just like to know if there are women doing these jobs, and how they are viewed?
thx

P

PrinceAlbert

I know a few of female Armrs. One is a useless lesbian, but the other 2 are more than capable and are great tradeswomen.

P

PrinceAlbert

Oh, just to add.....are you strong? Otherwise you will need to kick-start the .50 cal to cock it :D

PrinceAlbert said:
Oh, just to add.....are you strong? Otherwise you will need to kick-start the .50 cal to c*** it :D
Haha no im quite small actually but i got plenty of time to get fitter :D
Thanx for the reply just cleared things up.

P

PrinceAlbert

SantaSpud said:
PrinceAlbert said:
Oh, just to add.....are you strong? Otherwise you will need to kick-start the .50 cal to c*** it :D
Haha no im quite small actually but i got plenty of time to get fitter :D
Thanx for the reply just cleared things up.
No worries.

I have had three work for me in the past few years and all of them were up to the job and fitted in well, both in the armourers workshop and within the unit.

Go for it, we need all the armourers we can get at the minute!

armr617 said:
PrinceAlbert said:
I know a few of female Armrs. One is a useless lesbian, but the other 2 are more than capable and are great tradeswomen.
a tiffy now, if its the same one
Would this be the same tiffy whinging on this forum about having to do her job?

P

PrinceAlbert

If it's the same lesbian Armr that I'm thinking about then she married Geordie just to get out of the block. That marriage lasted long....not.

She also got caught with JP (the REME gril that attempted to pass the AACC on TV) burning out a car for an insurance job. Stupid biatches got caught because they used too much petrol and burned themselves! Muppets.

It's the same as in every trade - you get some good ones and you get some crap ones.

We need all the armourers we can get though so if you enjoy living in a cellar and playing Warhammer then give it a go :wink:

old_gun_bunny said:
It's the same as in every trade - you get some good ones and you get some crap ones.

We need all the armourers we can get though so if you enjoy living in a cellar and playing Warhammer then give it a go :wink:
I thought Armourers were fairly sensible and your description better suited Avionics technicians. :D :D :D

Litotes

You've obviously not met some of the Armrs I've come across such as 'Whacko Jacko'. I also never knew that Av Techs lived in cellars as well (it would explain a few things though).

Would "Wacko Jacko" be the same guy that spunked inside his OC's teddy bear mascot and liked to sing 'Wild Thing' at LAD functions?

If it's the same one, he also liked everyone think he was crazy and bragg about how many times he's been to see the shrink.

Wasn't a popular fella.

He was at my unit about 8/9 years ago.

The cellar part is true most armourer shops are kind of tucked away out off sight. On the plus side you have some of the best accomidation on exersizes and firing camps the Armourers wagon is very popular box body with power and very little to do on exersizes and firing camps.

He went walkabout after a Med man, a BG weapon also went missing at the same time. Search parties didn,t try too hard. He had set up an OP overlooking the truck stop on the Trans Can Highway.
Mad as a hatter!