Female Uniform

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by stinker, Apr 25, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Years but I'd like to see them in bed room fighting order

2. [​IMG]

Hat, coat ....

3. When will we get mens uniform that actually fits us?

4. I bet their arses still look massive in those uniforms thou!

5. I believe the form and fit trials are ongoing at the moment:

[​IMG]

6. Uniform will only fit if everyone's bodies are the same proportions as the clothes and the clothing stores give you the right sized kit.

Lets face it - it ain't going to happen any time soon.

7. Here's a few of my Ideas

Attached Files:

8. Was it not the case that uniforms were altered to fit by btn tailors?

Although this thread should really be answered by those ladies who wear dpm + mtp.

9. saw something in Soldier magazine that we were on the case with female-fit MTP when it rolls out nationwide...

10. The next stage of the PCS development is to produce specific female fit clothing to make for a more comfortable design that takes account of "the female form".

The above suggestions have been noted and will be looked into in detail (god I hate my job!).

11. And for some of them it will be 'nationwide' :D boom boom.

Tailoring of uniforms hasn't really occured since the old Working Dress was killed off has it?

I remember one bloke getting his Combat Jacket Lighweight tailored (short sleeve order, and a bit of a dart taken in on the back) but he looked a complete prat, and we just abused him for it.

12. At least my eyes are blacked out inthat one...

13. Back in the day, they did have "female" lightweights. They had a zip that went up the side of the hip and the crotch to waist measurement was deeper than men's lightweights. There weren't any front pockets, a map pocket on the right leg and IIRC didn't have any back pockets either. I had a friend who was one of the last people to be issued them (late 80's).