Female TA Officers and the Defence Career Partnering Scheme

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by zenith69uk, Oct 1, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I may have missed an earlier thread on this

2. Link is farked.

3. msr

msr LE

The Indie's web server is broken....

4. It's working again.

Might be me being thick, but I missed the relevance to the "Defence Career Partnering scheme" (or even what the scheme is).

Expected to carry the same my hoop.

5. msr

msr LE

I do like the stories at the bottom of the article (by way of contrast)

Also in this section

* Nurse bought disabled teenager sex aid
    * High heel injuries 'cost £29m a year'
    * Gurkhas win right to settle in Britain
    * Still going to law school, the teenage lottery winner

6. Good article, particularly good for the Indy.

And you gotta love the phrase "Combat Camping"...!!!

7. shurely shum mishtake?

Were we really at the zenith of TA officer training in 2002 with 202 a year. I thought back in the day when each of the 5/6 courses a year were at about 80-100 strong the figures might have been a little higher? or is this the newspeak revisionist history of the TA which started in 1998 with SDR?

8. msr

msr LE

Yes 1998 is year zero. Gone is the 'elitist' TD, the Cold War and 90 years of history.

How little did we know of the New Reserve Order into which we were entering...

msr

9. Yes, there were at least four courses a year with 120 places and a waiting list to get on them.

10. I could be wrong, but with fwer men joining the percentage of women has risen. We seem to have fewer officers full stop, still get one or two women and now only three or four men where we used to get a dozen or so. Recent figures here seem to be three men and a single woman.

11. Officers? What are they? We've had the sum total of, um, none in about 4 years!

12. Ha, that was my TACC! Really annoying photographer that came along with the journalist, shoving cameras in our faces at every opportunity. Grr.

What is this Defence Career Partnering scheme that you're on about though?

Oh, and for information Stab, male and female officers are expected to carry the same on ex at RMAS. NO differences whatsoever.

13. Apart from the entry requirements, of course.

14. msr

msr LE

I think it is something to do with the Sandhurst Leadership Challenge.

I was on a pilot a few weeks ago where they do a one day look at SOLIDC through the medium of drama. This is partly to sell the Sandhurst Leadership Challenge, which is 4 days at RMAS (bit like AOSB) where people get a report written on them to help with their leadership development.

msr

15. This comment is based on ...........................?

oooops another one of ST2B's ill informed wah comments