Female Soldiers

e-petition
Female Soldiers
Responsible department: Ministry of Defence

The British Army refuses to have Female Riflemen or Guardsmen, but yet allows there to be Pilots, Medical Officers, Military Policeman or a Long Range Artillery soldier. But no Infantry Role due to the reason that they are 'Too Weak' or 'Too Much of a Hazard to the Mission.'

If you look at the American Army there is a 2nd Lieutenant Stephanie Hecker who is a Platoon Commander in the Airborne Division, they are an infantry Unit.

I believe if a Woman wants to join the Infantry she should be given the opportunity to see if her Physical and Mental capabilities are up to standards. And as we do with the Cadets when staying in Barracks have them split up, to stop people from presuming that the Soldiers may end up sleeping together.

If Male and Female soldiers can work effectively and Co-Equally in all other roles in H.M Armed Forces, why should infantry be any different?

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/65228

Oh grow up.

Do you have an opinion on this or are you just looking for something to get excited over?

I've met many excellent female soldiers. Many, many jobs are open to them - there's a very good reason why they aren't infantry.

* "Riflewoman" just doesn't sound right.
* The amount of weight, our fit strong 85-90kg blokes carry is generally speaking impossible for 'most' women. Other nation's infantry generally carry a lot less.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
They'll be giving them the vote next.

Is this an alter ego of "Ishtar"? he/She/it will soon be droning on that he/she/it can drop a drunk squaddie with one punch after passing selection and P company on the same day. :-(

Oh god not again! Hasn't this been done to death on another thread?

I can't believe he "disliked" my answer, it contained a slight amount of comedy and facts - the perfect response.

Cheeky tw@t.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
Is this an alter ego of "Ishtar"? he/She/it will soon be droning on that he/she/it can drop a drunk squaddie with one punch after passing selection and P company on the same day. :-(

I passed a solid pooh today. I was most proud. Should have taken a photo of it really.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
let us know when you take in solid food

ARRSE mobile - made for reading on the pot

Chockerlit and salad count as solid food.

As an aside, I've just registered to vote and put myself on the electoral roll for the first time in 10 years. It took me a whole 3 minutes. Then I arranged my parcel (that I didn't order) to be re-delivered on Monday. Then I had a cup of tea and a Garibaldi and a Kinder bueno - not to be confused with guano. Which is bird pooh.

I might phone the bank up in a bit and call them whaaaankers. I'll see how I feel after Sharpe.

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Clue's in the name
.........MEN.

Get over it Princess.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
Come on lads and lasses, you've had all afternoon to sign up to this, and not a single extra name has been added to the list. Pull your collective and proverbial finger out!

Linky

Latest Threads