Female soldiers of Bangladesh army

The followings are some pics of female soldiers of Bangladesh army. Bangladesh is one of the few muslim countries that has allowed women to join the armed forces.

Interesting pictures. Is there still a strong British influence in the Bangladeshi Army? ( I mean in so far as organisation/rank structure/dress).

callum13 said:
Why does Bangladesh have an Army?
Disaster relief and flood rescue..... it obviously has nothing to do with camouflage.

Random_Task said:
Interesting pictures. Is there still a strong British influence in the Bangladeshi Army? ( I mean in so far as organisation/rank structure/dress).
Yes, there is. Bangladesh army is organized the same way as that of the British army. The armed forces of Bangladesh has military to military cooperation with the British military and that has produced quite a few good training institutions in the country. The Defence and Staff college and National Defence College are two such examples.

Maruf said:
Random_Task said:
Yes, there is. Bangladesh army is organized the same way as that of the British army. The armed forces of Bangladesh has military to military cooperation with the British military and that has produced quite a few good training institutions in the country. The Defence and Staff college and National Defence College are two such examples.
Bangladesh used to be part of the British Empire until 1947 (part of India back then), so it's no surprise.

Bradstyley said:
Whats that rifle those birds are using, Chinese Type 68?
No, those are Chinese Type-56. Bangladesh has acquired the license to produce Type-81, which will be used to replace all Type-56 rifles within 10 years. The Ordnance factory will manufacture 100000 units in 10 years.

KevinB said:
Are these women involved in combat anyone know?
Yes many of them are part of different combat units as Bangladesh army is recruitng women in infantry and artilery along with other non-combat units such as medical and engineering corps.

callum13 said:
Why does Bangladesh have an Army?
They provide a lot of troops to UN Forces.