Female Snipers

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by jest265, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A bit ramdp, adm I usually hate people that open up locked threads but I do not see why the last thread on this topicc was locked.

Can females be snipers?

I rread on teh last thread that they could not be due to the fact that it is infantry only, however is this the same state of play today with the loss of the front line and the number of fems in combats roles.

BTW it would also be nice to know why the last thread on this was locked whne for once, it was a genuine question in this forum.
  2. Is this the same state of play today? Assuming the govt has not changed the rules on women in the infantry in the last 12 hrs, then yes.

As to why it was locked, the MODs probably saw that the question had been answered.
  3. Unless the rule that prohibits females from joining the infantry is changed, then females are unable to become snipers if I'm correct.
  4. Correct D367

This is a really bone question as there are also still no females in actual combat roles.
  5. No, females can not be snipers.

They may be able to be shoot at bombs and set them off with the RE, but that is less sniping and more target shooting.

There has been no change of state of play. Females are still excluded from combat rolese; of which sniper is seen as pretty much the epitime of.

That is not to say that one day you may here of a female making a long range rifle shot, and being described as a "sniper" in the tabloids.

The thread was proabably locked to avoid more banal why, what if questions.
  6. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

The question has already been answered - several times. If you want to debate the point, start a new thread elsewhere.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.