Female RSM at ITC

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by schoolstaffinstructor, Jan 20, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well please feel free to discuss about RSM Dorris?

All veiws welcome!!

2. Surley if she is the best person for the job then so be it! At the end of the day if she has the correct qualifications for the job and is capable of doing the job, whats the big deal about her gender!

Sluice

3. Some females make very good RSMs, but weve also seen some that really really dont!!

4. alreadyhaving a serious discussion on this topic female RSM

5. Can she realy be nails being a dorris, Do you think ,she scares the shit out of me? Best not fu(k up?

6. What's your view? Are you waiting for people to wade in with bitchy comments and then jump on the bandwagon? Apologies if that's not the case, but as there's a 'grown-up' thread on Current Affairs about the same topic, I don't think that you've started this thread for glowing praise.

My view is that she's achieved something that very few people achieve, so well done her! I love it when people (male and female) get to the top of their tree through hard graft and ambition as they're an inspiration to all.

7. ...and some male RSMs who also don't. It has nothing to do with sex, just ability and character.

8. That’s all very nice DozyBint but I want some mix views which not all may be PC or fit into the "Serious" Discussion. Well done her and all that but I want the factory workers opinion?

9. Good luck to the girl im sure if she cant do the job she woudnt have got it.

10. untill i saw a pic of her i was looking forward to getting called into her office. I love bieng dominated a bit sometimes ;)

11. We talked about the lack of soldiering skills in the Support Arms; does anyone not think an RSM at the early stages of training (Soldiering) should have a solid Inf/Armd Background?

12. SSI,

Your thread is incorrect. The RSM in question is not an RSM at ITC (Infantry Training Centre), but an RSM with the ITG (Initial Training Group).

I am surprised that this report has attracted so much interest, it is not like she is the first female RSM, as commented on this and another thread on the Forum. However, if she was the first RSM at an ITC, I would expect a marked interest.

So, congratulations to her for reaching the post/rank of RSM, just like so many other male and female soldiers!! Why so much noise!!??

13. Sorry typo I mean ITG phase 1?

14. weve had female RSMs for years, the QAs always had one at the QATC in Aldershot. The WRAC in Guildford would have had a female RSM as well.

The first non QA or WRAC RSM I ever met was RMP in Hong Kong in the early 90s.

15. I'd hate to be a recruit practising for their pass off parade, with a female RSM, if that week was blob week as well!!

Some women are real pyschopaths when they're on the Blob, to have the power of RSM at the same time, feckin 'ell poor b@stards!!