Female RAMC mess dress

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by zenith69uk, Feb 3, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Slightly strange request, I know. I had a conversation last night witth our new TA MO and asked her if she was going to buy mess dress, her response was that it was a lot of money and that she couldn't find a picture of it to see what it was like (ebay supplied Service Dress apparently). So 2 questions can anyone direct me to a source of clean pictures of female RAMC Mess Dress and secondly is there any corps second hand store for uniform that she can buy from?

Thanks in advance

2. RAMC Female mess dress

I would recommend the crepe version of the dress as the taffeta forms permanent creases (and is impossible to clean properly) so it looks like a bag of shite after it has been worn a couple of times.

3. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

There is an Officer's Shop at Keogh. Telephone the Museum for details.

4. the 'officers shop' is only open on thursdays between 10 & 12.

5. I bought mine new from Mess dress.com in Bournemouth. It is v expensive, but it was that or 2s for the formal functions & as an officer, shouldn't she get some kind of allowance?

6. I think the TA only get 2 pounds 98 and sixpence

7. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Must have gone up since I got it.

8. Something's better than nothing, I had to stump up the full amount. No allowances for this call sign.

9. well wait until yu get your WO1, then you have to buy a new jacket! the tailors on Queens Ave told me that id need to buy a new jacket for £400 because each tailor uses a slightly different colour (of course they do) so they wouldnt be able to modify my jacket, then i told them that id originally bought my mess kit from them, so it cost me £60 in the end for the cuffs, epiletes and buttons.

10. Lol, Never ever gonna happen, Lol. Interesting thought though . . .mmmm.