Female P Coy Pass

Well done for her. The first women to pass P company in the 20 years since they were eligible to attempt it.

I thought lightweight's went out in 1997. You will be telling me that they are wearing puttees as well.
Brilliant result, but yes I thought the award party looked a bit wierd. Cheap knock off lightweights, a 1970s scrim scarf, thumbs in belts and a whole I wish I could wear a Denison and OGs vibe didn't look great

Bosscat

War Hero
That link to the sun, 4 hr 10 for the 10 miler??? surely that's wrong? it used to be 1hr 40 ish?

F*ck the runny, lifty, jumpy sh*t, I do believe that PTI blokey has a beard.

Hell in a hand cart I tells ya ^~

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Brilliant result, but yes I thought the award party looked a bit wierd. Cheap knock off lightweights, a 1970s scrim scarf, thumbs in belts and a whole I wish I could wear a Denison and OGs vibe didn't look great
Aside from the inevitable quibbles about dress, I think the photographer has captured the moment very well.

I hope Capt Wild continues to be an inspiration to others, particularly females, for many years to come.

Nice one ma'am.

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
According to the BBC News website, the fortunate officer is a world-class triathlete, Sword of Honour winner at the RMA and all-round good egg from 7 RHA. I'll bet she passed fair and square, but I'll also bet that she's in the top percentile of the top percentile for her age and gender. Congratulations to her.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
According to the BBC News website, the fortunate officer is a world-class triathlete, Sword of Honour winner at the RMA and all-round good egg from 7 RHA. I'll bet she passed fair and square, but I'll also bet that she's in the top percentile of the top percentile for her age and gender. Congratulations to her.
Should we be asking "why is she so unusual"?

Is it down to education, opportunities, social structure?

It's a fantastic result. I'm a bit confused though. 7 RHA are attached to 16 Air Assault Brigade, as attached personnel aren't they already allowed to wear the maroon beret.

Was completing the AAPPC a personal choice or is it a requisite for officers? I wonder if she'll go the whole hog and complete the parachute course.

It was the same with the second female to pass AACC. She was a Surgeon Commander RN in her early 30's who was an extreme athlete who had climbed several of the world's big peaks. She passed with good times. Obviously in the top percent of her gender. Fair play to her.

Most of the men who pass are ordinary blokes under 25 who have trained hard. In 1983 even a 27 year old RE postie passed P Company - me. The fittest guy by a long chalk was a 35 year old Major from 7 RHA.

Oyibo

LE
Should we be asking "why is she so unusual"?

Is it down to education, opportunities, social structure?
Physical and mental robustness.

Not wibbling about "my rights".

Well done her.

Who would she have been facing in the milling? If a bloke (which appears obvious) it was probably harder on the bloke psychologically than her.
She’d beat the shit out of me as I concentrated on how the fuck I could engineer the bout to end up with my face between her tits

Latest Threads