Female P Coy Pass

You tell some whopping lies. You "regret not travelling south for Op Corporate" but waffle on in the 2 REP (FFL) thread as fighting there?
Begone, son of Tierney.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
See post #485. Apparently he transfered to the Parachute Regiment without doing P Company.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
See post #485. Apparently he transfered to the Parachute Regiment without doing P Company.

But he did come very close to qualifying for the coveted SPOTY 2019 award.

Hence my earlier scepticism. @jockparamedic

God yes, my boss a few years ago was into ironman contests. I asked him if he slept outside the night before being woken every other hour to stay awake for an hour and having had to walk to the start line from home carrying all of his belongings on his back!
He stopped taking the P about me being a lazy lard arse after that!
Apparently Mad Mike Calvert, when he was interviewing new officers for the second Chindit expedition, would get them blind drunk in the mess with a couple of bottles of whisky. The next day he would take them on a long fast march and beast them, while they were still suffering from the worlds worst hangover.

His reasoning was that anyone could soldier when you were feeling fresh and fine. It was being able to soldier when you were feeling absolutly shit that counted as far as he was concerned.

He didn't, Robme stated:

P Coy and parachuting is either a big deal or it isn't.
here speaks a man who has never done P Coy.
I had 7 years time served in when I transferred. I was used to running up and down hills with and without rucksacks (as they were called back in the day). Arrived at Browning, with a idea that I was going to piss this. Tom on the course was a transferee who had done the AACC. Together we thought this a bit of a bimble, oh god we’re we wrong.

The bolded part was referring to Dan Gleebles.

Link:

Apparently Mad Mike Calvert, when he was interviewing new officers for the second Chindit expedition, would get them blind drunk in the mess with a couple of bottles of whisky. The next day he would take them on a long fast march and beast them, while they were still suffering from the worlds worst hangover.

His reasoning was that anyone could soldier when you were feeling fresh and fine. It was being able to soldier when you were feeling absolutly shit that counted as far as he was concerned.
Thanks for that.
The first I have ever heard that Mike Calvert agreed with my reasoning in BAOR.

4(T)

LE

It was virtually SOP in my regts to have a BFT, CFT or 10-miler at 0700ish the morning following a Mess dinner night. Most convivial were the ones when the Sgts and Offrs had had functions the same evening - synchronised hue'ing along the road.

My worst experience was having to do an 0630 BFT after having been Mr Vice at a St David's day dinner, a key part of my duties having been to eat a gigantic raw leek. It wasn't so much the 20 minutes sleep or the run on a skin full of alcohol that was the torment, but the leek "repeating" itself as i stumbled along.

Also memorable was the time the Guard Commander came into the officers' mess dinner at 0300 (everyone still at the table) to announce that SACEUR Active Edge had been called, and that the regiment was lined up ready to leave. Those of us leading the first packets had no time to change, so had to throw our kit into the wagons and deploy wearing mess kit - much to the bemusement of the NATO assessment team stood at the guard room.

Quick question. This has been bugging me for years.

I passed P Coy in the summer of 98. At the start of my course, we had a Capt from either 2 or 3 PARA as a student on the course, he was a Kiwi and obviously seeing him there with his wings and 3 pips raised a few eyebrows.

He told us that he had been in The NZ Army and had been in a Ranger type unit (not sure about the exact name). He stated that the selection was run by PARA Regt staff. He subsequently joined PARA. It then appears that his CO made him attend P Coy sometime after joining The Bn.

He lasted about 3 to 4 days and was never seen by me again.

Does this ring any bells with blokes who were in 2 or 3 at the time. Seemed weird to me.

Also memorable was the time the Guard Commander came into the officers' mess dinner at 0300 (everyone still at the table) to announce that SACEUR Active Edge had been called,
You always got a warning before the execute so someone was a bit silly in having mess actives during the warning period.

You always got a warning before the execute so someone was a bit silly in having mess actives during the warning period.
We didn't in 1976.
Friday night do in the LAD Bar at 40 Fld RA.
At 0300 a guard come in to tell us the Regt had been Active Edged.
A very p1ssed up OC sais you are joking.
He wasn't and a very drunk regt crashed out.

We didn't in 1976.
Friday night do in the LAD Bar at 40 Fld RA.
At 0300 a guard come in to tell us the Regt had been Active Edged.
A very p1ssed up OC sais you are joking.
He wasn't and a very drunk regt crashed out.
Blimey! I thought you'd still be doing schemes then!

Robme

On ROPS
On ROPs

Robme

On ROPS
On ROPs
@Robme is still a bullshitting prick though.
Yep, but that’s what the tinternet is for, fool.
Its called Persec, never let anybody work out what I did or didn’t do by the wibbling I post on this site. I am also quite proud of the lengths I can go to, to effectively B/S you lot.

Last edited:

Latest Threads