Female P Coy Pass

Hence the graduate recruitment thing apparently. It seems the airborne powers that be were worried that the incidents Bramley would later describe were indicators that the ‘green-eyed boy’ thing had also permeated the junior officers. They had become, in effect, ‘part of the problem’ and apparently it was felt that slightly more mature graduates would be able to resist the pressure.
I think the most important man in a unit is the RSM. He should know what's going on in the battalion or regiment through his CSMs/SSMs and setting the standard.

Old General Dave Morrison may be a bit woke. but he got it right when he said "the standard you walk by, is the standard you set.

All the rage is this passing stuff...

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Fell racing isn't the glamorous side of running...

IMG_2855-Pano by Whey-Aye-One, on Flickr

Cheap though.
Having attended the wasdale show a couple of times, I watched the fell runners ascend, disappear into the mist, and reappear an hour or so later, some covered in blood but all were cheered home.

Despite what Wainwright said along the lines of "a good walk spoiled" they have my respect !

TamH70

MIA
It's downright sinister if one has to register one's race before competing.
Why, are you thinking the folks inside the tent are dressed by Man at Hugo Boss?

Oyibo

LE
Why, are you thinking the folks inside the tent are dressed by Man at Hugo Boss?
Have you noticed that no-one is coming out of the tent?

Chimp

ADC
Just a few questions before you sign in Britisher pig!
1582678635681.jpeg

All the rage is this passing stuff...
Huh, Martha Raye was serving alongside USSF over 50 years ago in Vietnam. Was wounded two times and could drink many of them under the table. Awarded an honourary Green Beret. She was buried in Fort Bragg military cemetary with full military honours.

Just watching the 1992 Cutting Edge P Company doco. During the milling the OC P Company says to one of the fighters lacking aggression: "All you are lacking is a handbag.

Little did he know .............28 years later.

Just watching the 1992 Cutting Edge P Company doco. During the milling the OC P Company says to one of the fighters lacking aggression: "All you are lacking is a handbag.

Little did he know .............28 years later.
Watching the '83 original, the word 'poof' is used sparingly yet perfectly.

Old General Dave Morrison may be a bit woke. but he got it right when he said "the standard you walk by, is the standard you set.
He said it, but he had heard the phrase years before for General David Hurley

P Coy and parachuting is either a big deal or it isn't.
here speaks a man who has never done P Coy.
I had 7 years time served in when I transferred. I was used to running up and down hills with and without rucksacks (as they were called back in the day). Arrived at Browning, with a idea that I was going to piss this. Tom on the course was a transferee who had done the AACC. Together we thought this a bit of a bimble, oh god we’re we wrong. By nosebag 1st day, I was seriously rethinking my options, by the end of week 1 I was sure my posting order had been captured and reworked to send me to hell.
There wasn’t a day when the old adage, Shut your mouth, open your ears and eyes and fook tomorrow (as I’d be dead anyway) wasn’t relevant. Days blurred into each other and as I sit here 34 years later can still remember the evil perpetrating as DS, and the pain. Oh god the fooking pain.
But I passed, as did Bootneck lord knows how.
I honestly have massive respect for those 17/18 year olds who picked the Paras as there first choice when they signed up, more power to their elbows. I for one do not think I could have passed at age 17years 2 months when I took the Queens shilling.
My only regret not travelling south for Op Corporate, but that’s another story. Incidentally am I the only one who thinks that Corporate is such a duff name for what we did. Op Valhalla, Op Dies you Argy Scum, Op Oy you the Brits are coming, best fook off before you get hurt. Have a better ring to them. Who picks the names anyway? Some brass hat whoes only concern is his evening G&T each day?
You tell some whopping lies. You "regret not travelling south for Op Corporate" but waffle on in the 2 REP (FFL) thread as fighting there?
Begone, son of Tierney.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Hes been borrowing Bugsy's time machine

Mine was Oman 1975 (the whole year). As an young Air Despatcher supporting the SAS in the field with air drops, and the occasional ‘poilu arsed moment où l'addoo (méchants locaux salads) a décidé de prendre des photos de pot’. That last bit comes over as though they were using Photo cameras, instead of very ancient rifles (no joke whilst they had AK’s a lot didn’t simply using whatever there fathers had pass onto them whether it be a 303 or some pre-WW1 museum piece).
75 just about anywhere they could find to send me including 3 Months Oman, assisting ‘Them’ and the Sultans armed forces, Royal Tournament, sitting on a winch which sank the french boat main sail. Reunited with ‘Them’ in NI (more of which later) late 75. Also the Sqn used to drive from Thorney to Machrihanish each year for our annual summer camp, fasands of miles.

Was he a Jock? PFA supplied us with some proper characters over the years - Scouse C**, Taff H****, Geordie C******* and many more.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Yes mate, Dodgy Jock. (my best man) ;) Did a tour of Canada with the rugby team too i think.

Latest Threads