Female P Coy Pass

The gentleman in the documentary who was repeatedly told to " bend your knees not your shagging back" was a potential Parachute Signal Squadron candidate.

He ended up doing 5 P Coy courses, including the respective beat up courses before finally passing! A top bloke and a one time member of this site.

He ended up as an Apache pilot.
What an absolute legend!

Would that be Big Al P? If so a fantastic bloke and we served on TELIC together, if not, no idea :)
Yes mate correct! Top bloke! He had a lot of time for the lads.

“That was ‘ard! Harder than a big bag of ‘ard things”

He ended up contriving a “combat dive” on a vehicle recovery task on H13, and was chuffed to bits about it!
So many good quotes from that documentary :thumleft:

Whenever I do any activities with my youngest daughter I always give her the obligatory ‘Standby!!! Gooooo!!!’

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Yeah I know, it’s almost like you don’t get thrashed everyday for the 18 weeks prior and in fact you just chill out on your beds all day so you are feeling refreshed ready for day one.....:rolleyes:
Makes me chuckle, the ‘tood of all the Tough Mudder types who strut around gyms wearing their ‘Finisher‘ tees.

Yes, guys. Now try doing it in CEMO after 72 hours of being out in all conditions.

Join the army. Live in a hole.

Does she say "Don't be such a hat dad"
I fully believe that if I left her with my younger brother for a weekend, that she would hat me off for the rest of the week.

She bloody adores him. Never seen her so happy as when she was making parcels for him last year when he was away on tour.

I’ll just fcuk off then I suppose, eh kid.

Oyibo

LE
The gentleman in the documentary who was repeatedly told to " bend your knees not your shagging back" was a potential Parachute Signal Squadron candidate.

He ended up doing 5 P Coy courses, including the respective beat up courses before finally passing! A top bloke and a one time member of this site.

Just to reinforce the hierarchy of hats (or non-hats), a friend went from Para Reg to AAC and passed the pilot's course. Everyone referred to his new wings as 'Judas Wings'. And quite rightly so.

He still protests that he did not rebadge to AAC, but the shame remains.

I wonder who will be the first mong not to get the humour.

Was it number 8 who kept failing? ‘My bottle went on the bridge sir’.
He stated he would pass the course, after being RTU’d!

Yes mate correct! Top bloke! He had a lot of time for the lads.
He was SSM of the “SQUADRON” at the time, bumped into him at Brize when he was flying out for a HERRICK in about 2010? (I was on another visit not sure of the year), and again in Home Bargains in Solstice Park last year.

Small world :)

A sort of "we're different and don't have to obey the rules" mentality, AKA Toms' Liberation Front (TLF). Hugely exaggerated IMO, but did get some officers concerned.
According to the book 'Green Eyed Boys' It was due to a sub culture which grew up in B company 3 Para in the late seventies in Osnabruck and in the early eighties in Tidworth up to the early eighties.

I think what really fazed the Para Reg hierachy was when the Canadian Airborne Regiment was disbanded in 1993 by the Canadian government. All because some over enthusiastic recruit initiation rites. Oh and something to do with roasting some Somali youth over an open fire just because they had caught him carrying out a traditional Somali pastime of being a thieving scrote.

Last edited:

ugly

LE
Makes me chuckle, the ‘tood of all the Tough Mudder types who strut around gyms wearing their ‘Finisher‘ tees.

Yes, guys. Now try doing it in CEMO after 72 hours of being out in all conditions.

Join the army. Live in a hole.
God yes, my boss a few years ago was into ironman contests. I asked him if he slept outside the night before being woken every other hour to stay awake for an hour and having had to walk to the start line from home carrying all of his belongings on his back!
He stopped taking the P about me being a lazy lard arse after that!

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
All because some over enthusiastic recruit initiation rites.
What might genuinely be described as bullying, then.

A friend is an ex-Para and once told me about having to go out on foot patrol in NI with a broken rib because the sergeant in charge of his platoon had handed out some 'discipline' just beforehand. His platoon sergeant had come in from another regiment and was intent on 'proving' himself. In my friend's experience - a bit like converts to a religious cause tending to be the most zealous to 'prove' themselves - it was those who came in from the outside who were the most enthusiastic participants in maintaining 'kinetic' order.

What happened with the Canucks was fair. What they were doing had nothing to do with good discipline or good soldiering.

So many good quotes from that documentary :thumleft:

Whenever I do any activities with my youngest daughter I always give her the obligatory ‘Standby!!! Gooooo!!!’
I always remember the DS with the moustache up in the Beacons berating some hapless candidate "You fcuking wise up boy"...
Also the tall, fairish haired DS who I think was not Para badged - I never could quite work out his capbadge...

Oyibo

LE
According to the book 'Green Eyed Boys' It was due to a sub culture which grew up in B company 3 Para in the late seventies in Osnabruck and in the early eighties in Tidworth up to the early eighties.

I think what really fazed the Para Reg hierachy was when the Canadian Airborne Regiment was disbanded in 1983 by the Canadian government. All because some over enthusiastic recruit initiation rites. Oh and something to do with roasting some Somali youth over an open fire just because they had caught him carrying out a traditional Somali pastime of being a thieving scrote.
A few years out with the dates there - Somalia was 92 and they were disbanded in '95. 1 PARA had an exchange officer from the Canadian Airborne Regiment at the time (he was a dick, and was often seen in the jack wagon on tabs)

I always remember the DS with the moustache up in the Beacons berating some hapless candidate "You fcuking wise up boy"...
Also the tall, fairish haired DS who I think was not Para badged - I never could quite work out his capbadge...
Yeah I think he was ripping in to a bloke for sitting down! Heinous crime!

Yes I think I know the bloke you mean, thick Yorkshire accent?

7th, big chain-smoking Tony.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Latest Threads