Female P Coy Pass

No they are not.
I have two friends who are now female but were born male.
Very feminine and attractive, both are over 6 foot tall and physically very capable.
If they were to take part in female sports they would have a massive advantage which would be unfair.
Just friends, or friends in the biblical sense ladyboy lover ?

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
In East Anglia, it's the men who run from the wimin.
It's the original place where girls had to learn quickly to run faster than their brothers.

Indeed.

We were both born of the ‘Board of Ordnance’ which was split when it was realised that gunnery and siege warfare were becoming too complicated to be managed by one arm.

Whilst the guns (and hence their crews) were given seniority, the best mathematicians were given to the new Corps of Royal Engineers. We both kept the same battle honour.

So yes they’re like our idiot cousins. A bit like the RCT troggs for you lot.
Both went to RMA Woolwich which was known as the 'Shop' You had to be clever to join both, where as the thick but posh toffs joined at Sandhurst. They were amalgamated after WW2.

Two famous RE General's were Kitchener and Gordon. The only famous RA General I can think of is Windgate. Although his sidekick was RE- Brigadier Mad Mike Calvert.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Both went to RMA Woolwich which was known as the 'Shop' You had to be clever to join both, where as the thick but posh toffs joined at Sandhurst. They were amalgamated after WW2.

Two famous RE General's were Kitchener and Gordon. The only famous RA General I can think of is Windgate. Although his sidekick was RE- Brigadier Mad Mike Calvert.
Alanbrooke, CIGS.

I didn't realise Orde Wingate was RA.
It explains a lot.

The bloke N0.9 that piles in on a test, but still passes as he has obviously went balls out 100% at everything. That was one of the main thing
We had a guy from 59 Cdo RE going for Recce Troop who injured himself on Test week and missed two events, but because he had put the effort in and had enough points already, they passed him.

One of the 7 RHA had sprained his ankle but just taped it all up, I can't remember if it was for all test week or just the final tab. In any event he was in a lot of pain, but just took painkillers and bashed on. A nail bloke. (Although the term hadn't been invented yet)

Last edited:
I didn't realise Orde Wingate was RA.
It explains a lot.
He was a strange bloke, but the Israeli's like him. The Orde Wingate Combat School. Was one of the inspirations for the IDF with the Night Squads of the Palmach. One of there most famous old boys was Moche Dayan of the black eye patch fame.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
I think women's perception of being a female is changing. They don't see themselves as having to be pretty delicate things anymore.

I spend a fair bit of time around ultra marathoners; many of them female; and I think that particular sport is getting 'gender blind'.

I heard an interesting conversation at the weekend at the Slate Trail Ultra (92 miles in Snowdonia, much of it in the lashing wind and rain; purple faces everywhere from wind burn). Three young - lean - lads tipped up at the last aid station (70 miles into the race) and they asked me who was still in the race. There were only three others behind them.

They asked me where 'red lips' was (she was a Turkish lass that started the race with bright red lipstick).

I said she'd came through hours ahead, which annoyed them. One of the guys said "You just can't tell by looking at them can you?"
My post was not very well expressed.

I was in no way suggesting that Capt Wild's achievement was aided by education or opportunities, rather that other women may be held back by lack of those things.

He was a strange bloke, but the Israeli's like him. The Orde Wingate Combat School. Was one of the inspirations for the IDF with the Night Squads of the Palmach. One of there most famous old boys was Moche Dayan of the black eye patch fame.
I don't know if Wingate was Jewish but he was certainly a Zionist and supporter of Israel from the start.

Correct there. I remember reading one of the books written by a former SAS soldier in the First Gulf War. A troop attack was planned, with 4 Land Rovers all tooled up with twin GPMGs, .50 Cals etc. Much like how things were done in Stirling and Paddy Mayne's day. As one of the Rovers was made up of ex-1 PARA guys, another of ex-2 PARA, and one of ex-3 PARA, that was what each det was known as. The "Hat" det, as they called it, was crewed by former members of units like 9 PARA SQN RE, 7 PARARHA, and 264 SIGNALSQN.
So, even though everybody has passed a course much harder than P Company, and most if not all had earned their Cherry Berets, and they are all on the same mission, they were still being called craphats.
It was a good book but I think the problem was that the author had a bit of an agenda. He was going to be RTUd for a year for fighting down town but flounced out. No doubt to sell the book he can't really do down the Regiment as thats not what the public buys the book for. But it seemed a bit of pay back by over playing the Para Reg stuff and calling everyone crap hats. That was just my take on it. I think it spoilt the story he was telling. Including the first part of the book about his life in 2 Para in the Falklands, Belize, and elsewhere.

I don't know if Wingate was Jewish but he was certainly a Zionist and supporter of Israel from the start.
Thats correct he wasn't Jewish but an arch Zionist. He was an extreme God botherer and Bible basher. He was banned from Palestine by the British Army. He later achieved fame by assisting Haile Selassie eject the Italiens from Ethiopia.

He was known to strip naked and rub himself down with raw onions. He also attempted suicide. And to cap it all the chap was not clubbable.

Even the RA found him weird.

Latest Threads