Female P Coy Pass

Same thing would happen as if they entered the ring with a 5'8" 13 stone man. Absolute kicking. So what? Going up against a genetic outlier has its risks, unless you're also a genetic outlier.

On the other hand, how many times has it actually happened? Is it really likely to happen? Are you genuinely concerned for those the poor female heavyweight boxers, or are you just using the argument as a stick to beat all transsexuals, because you don't agree that they exist?

Ask yourself whether it's more likely that Manu Tuilagi decides "you know what, I'd rather be the undeniably world's best female rugby player, than one of the world's best male players, I'm 'just going to announce I'm transitioning' in order to game the system" - or that she decides that after decades of depression and struggling to cope with being trapped in a man's body, that she decides to transition; but wants to carry on playing the game she loves at whatever level, after meeting all of the criteria for hormone levels, and undergoing reassignment surgery?

There are a lot of females who dont want transgenders participating in the sports.
Are they all wrong?

Thats right. He learned to fly from scratch. Unfortunatly he bought it when his tow rope broke and he crash landed on a night flight and hit a telegraph post, later died in Tidworth hospital.

Another case of the Royal Engineers leading the way. And Para Reg have the cheek to call us hats.

The Royal Engineers also invented the RAF via the RFC. Probably to their eternal shame they are responsible for the Royal Signals in 1920. No doubt the Royal Navy originally learn't watermanship from the Sappers.
Indeed. I believe RE were responsible for the first British submarines...?

I remember watching that show, disinterestedly, it was on and I was in the room at the time but I wasn't really paying much attention to it until my normally mild-mannered grandmother came into the room and nearly had a canary at the sight of what we were watching.

"Those bastards? You're watching those bastards! That crowd of murdering bastards tried to kill me and you're watching them on the TV now?"

I figured it might be best to change the channel to the Krypton Factor at that point.

By the way, wasn't one of the Paras in that series later killed in an ambush, in Fermanagh if I'm not mistaken?
So what did the crew of Ark Royal do to your gran?

There are a lot of females who dont want transgenders participating in the sports.
Are they all wrong?
No they are not.
I have two friends who are now female but were born male.
Very feminine and attractive, both are over 6 foot tall and physically very capable.
If they were to take part in female sports they would have a massive advantage which would be unfair.

RE, borne of the RA. You lot always try and keep that hidden.
Indeed.

We were both born of the ‘Board of Ordnance’ which was split when it was realised that gunnery and siege warfare were becoming too complicated to be managed by one arm.

Whilst the guns (and hence their crews) were given seniority, the best mathematicians were given to the new Corps of Royal Engineers. We both kept the same battle honour.

So yes they’re like our idiot cousins. A bit like the RCT troggs for you lot.

When they chucked the first bunch of hats out of an aircraft on their very first operations some of them were RAF. How hard can it be? No shock then that girls are up to the job.
If 'hats' and bints can pass the course it just goes to prove that Para Regt aren't that special, they just believe their own hype.

I think the most difficult part of Para Regt training is to get them to walk upright without tripping over their knuckles.

If 'hats' and bints can pass the course it just goes to prove that Para Regt aren't that special, they just believe their own hype.

I think the most difficult part of Para Regt training is to get them to walk upright without tripping over their knuckles.
PARA Regt really are 'special'.

A point which they prove on a regular basis.

Not that simple, I'm afraid. Not everywhere, but a rate of (say) 1:10000 for a particular "not just XX or XY" condition means that there are 6,000 British citizens with that one condition (and there are many). Here's what the NHS has to say:

Please, read one of the links.
Fair point, but the key word there is rare, so you're as likely to meet sometime with an extra chromosome as someone with two dicks.

I have two friends who are now female but were born male.
Very feminine and attractive, both are over 6 foot tall and physically very capable.
If they were to take part in female sports they would have a massive advantage which would be unfair.
Contact sport, probably - but those are either weight-graded or dominated by the genetic outliers anyway (if you're a 5'8" bloke, you're extremely unlikely ever be selected for England at rugby, now that it's gone professional). You should meet some of the larger female judoka and hammer-throwing internationals; your friends might not have it quite so easy as you think. I saw Shirley Webb stood next to Stevie Simmonds back when he was still an amateur heavyweight, she was taller and carrying more muscle.

Reach-related sport, perhaps. (I was once standing next to a 2m+ tall Australian woman who was wearing an Australia tracksuit; I asked "what sport?", and unsurprisingly she said "Netball").

The question is "what is sport for?". If you believe it's only about winning, then your friends might succeed at local and regional level, but run into other women just as capable at national/international level. If it's about the joy of the sport, about keeping active and working as a team, then does the advantage matter that much?

Fair point, but the key word there is rare, so you're as likely to meet sometime with an extra chromosome as someone with two dicks.
"About 1%" for the full range of intersex conditions isn't exactly rare; it's just that in most cases you wouldn't know. Sometimes, even they don't know.

It's about perspective - Para Regt consider non Para Regt as hats. P Coy qualified hats are a damn sight better than genuine hats. P Coy qualified 'hats' consider non-P Coy qualified soldiers as hats. TA are (were) just STABS.
Correct there. I remember reading one of the books written by a former SAS soldier in the First Gulf War. A troop attack was planned, with 4 Land Rovers all tooled up with twin GPMGs, .50 Cals etc. Much like how things were done in Stirling and Paddy Mayne's day. As one of the Rovers was made up of ex-1 PARA guys, another of ex-2 PARA, and one of ex-3 PARA, that was what each det was known as. The "Hat" det, as they called it, was crewed by former members of units like 9 PARA SQN RE, 7 PARARHA, and 264 SIGNALSQN.
So, even though everybody has passed a course much harder than P Company, and most if not all had earned their Cherry Berets, and they are all on the same mission, they were still being called craphats.

I bloody loved that P Coy documentary from the early 90's. It was my main study point in a time before youtube and all that.

I think I watched it that many times I knew it word for word and had a solid game plan for every event on test week!

Afterwards, every time I'd hear someone say 'Every man jack of you' I'd instantly think of that OC P Coy.

.....and 'Bend your shagging knees!!!!' haha.

Fast forward a few years and I was on PDT for Herrick. An ex Ranker LE Captain came over to us to shoot the shit and have a bit craic and banter.

My troop Staffy clocked my face looking a bit puzzled. After the bloke had gone, my Staffy asked me if I recognised his voice. I still didn't fully click.

Then he asked if I'd ever watched that P Coy documentary from back in the day.

F uuuuuuuck!!!!!!!

It was No. 12 Cpl. Royal Engineers! I was bloody star struck :D

Proper Yorkshire sounding bloke, you see him at the start banging out med ball presses like a machine!

Also the Reg' Sgt with the tash that looked fcuking hard as nails saying 'I will not pass crap through me!' I imagined all the DS would be like him on my P Coy.

The bloke N0.9 that piles in on a test, but still passes as he has obviously went balls out 100% at everything. That was one of the main things I took away from the programme and I made it my main strategy to follow.

Sorry, sound like a total fcuking geek here :lol:

I wonder how it all worked out for those guys in that programme.

Should we be asking "why is she so unusual"?

Is it down to education, opportunities, social structure?
I think women's perception of being a female is changing. They don't see themselves as having to be pretty delicate things anymore.

I spend a fair bit of time around ultra marathoners; many of them female; and I think that particular sport is getting 'gender blind'.

I heard an interesting conversation at the weekend at the Slate Trail Ultra (92 miles in Snowdonia, much of it in the lashing wind and rain; purple faces everywhere from wind burn). Three young - lean - lads tipped up at the last aid station (70 miles into the race) and they asked me who was still in the race. There were only three others behind them.

They asked me where 'red lips' was (she was a Turkish lass that started the race with bright red lipstick).

I said she'd came through hours ahead, which annoyed them. One of the guys said "You just can't tell by looking at them can you?"

Oyibo

LE
I think women's perception of being a female is changing. They don't see themselves as having to be pretty delicate things anymore.

I spend a fair bit of time around ultra marathoners; many of them female; and I think that particular sport is getting 'gender blind'.

I heard an interesting conversation at the weekend at the Slate Trail Ultra (92 miles in Snowdonia, much of it in the lashing wind and rain; purple faces everywhere from wind burn). Three young - lean - lads tipped up at the last aid station (70 miles into the race) and they asked me who was still in the race. There were only three others behind them.

They asked me where 'red lips' was (she was a Turkish lass that started the race with bright red lipstick).

I said she'd came through hours ahead, which annoyed them. One of the guys said "You just can't tell by looking at them can you?"
I remember from donkey's years ago, when I was into mountaineering, reading an article arguing that women were better suited to Himalayan ascents than men due to their endurance. Also that women could be excellent climbers (though not at the same level as men with their strength) due to good balance.

IMO where P Coy differs is that is is a full on explosive energy (and mental fortitude) test. Which makes a biological woman passing it all the more impressive.

To be honest at that point it was my life that felt like it was in danger. She was a lovely woman at the best of times but by Christ she could give you a sore belt if she felt you deserved it.
I can't blame her Mike. She has my deepest sympathies having to put up with a whinging wee brat. I am sure you richely deserved any belt you got. I would be cheering her on. "Go on clump the wee fenian harder".

Was she one of those loverly ladies who were banging dustbin lids when the nice British soldiers arrived for tea and toast.

Last edited:
Some of these ladies learn to run fast and far because of some of the rapey males in their home country.
Not fast, but long. And she was always shouting at people; firstly she kicked off because the kit list said 'survival bag' yet she just had a survival blanket and the kit checker didn't find that good enough. But she reckoned it was good enough at UTMB, so should be good enough for a shitty little 92 miler in Wales.

Then at the first aid station I heard she was shouting at the volunteers who incurred her displeasure for some reason.

Then at the aid station I saw her, she just got undressed to her knickers and changed into some dry kit in the main hall where everyone was (there were places she could've done it more discretely).

She didn't strike me as some subjugated female muslim frightened of being raped.

She did the frightening.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads