Female P Coy Pass

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
The person concerned which got the reaction, received the nickname 'Line them up Loius' in the Para Reg apparently.
And still posts on FB, having seemingly come out smelling of roses.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
According to the book ‘Our Boys’ the perpetrator was done by Huw Pike under Section 69.

We may be talking at cross purposes regarding the "perpetrator". Apologies for thread diversion.

Although it may be of note that the person referred to regularly gets lambasted on social media by Argentinians, but appears not to care.

We may be talking at cross purposes regarding the "perpetrator". Apologies for thread diversion.

Although it may be of note that the person referred to regularly gets lambasted on social media by Argentinians, but appears not to care.
I think we’re talking about the same guy. Not Bramley.

Thank you. Most informative.
So even proper paracutists are a bunch of hats then?
The original one were. In fact the first paratroopers were from 2 Commando who were volunteered enmasse to be Parachutists. When the first Army Commandos were resignated Special Service battalions (SS battalions) and numbered 1-10, 2 Commando were renamed 11th Special Air Service battalion. In November 1941 when the 1st Parachute Brigade was formed, they became 1st Parachute battalion.

Wasn't he the first C/O of The Glider Pilot Regiment?
Thats right. He learned to fly from scratch. Unfortunatly he bought it when his tow rope broke and he crash landed on a night flight and hit a telegraph post, later died in Tidworth hospital.

Another case of the Royal Engineers leading the way. And Para Reg have the cheek to call us hats.

The Royal Engineers also invented the RAF via the RFC. Probably to their eternal shame they are responsible for the Royal Signals in 1920. No doubt the Royal Navy originally learn't watermanship from the Sappers.

I think we’re talking about the same guy. Not Bramley.
There was a Panaroma programme called 'Evidence of Execution' alledging a number of incidents involving 3 Para on Mount Longdon. There was an Argentinian Regular soldier who alledged in the programme that he had been wounded and then further shot by a Para Sgt. The Mets finest were sent to the Falklands to dig up dead Argies. This was in 1993. A number of serving and ex 3 Para were investigated as a result of war crime allegations.

One of them was a NRPS member of 10 Para who had completed 22 years regular service in 3 Para. In the battle he was in Patrol Company and had carried out a CTR before the battle and was in the forefront of the attack. and was subsequently was awarded the DCM. He was accused of filling the Argie full of lead. He was a great bloke. A true professional who would go out of his way to help TA Toms.

He was subsequently cleared as under the Geneva convention there was no evidence the Argie was surrendering, and he could have had a concealed grenade, therefore his actions were justified under the 'Rules of War'. The whole affair obviously put him in a lot of stress. The other allegations were either thrown out or NFA'd due to lack of evidence.

The most contraversial allegation concerned a C/Sgt after the battle where there was a group of Argentinian decided to go full SS and started topping them. Luckily (although not for the Argentinian concerned) with a "What the f*ck are you doing" other soldiers jumped in and stopped it.

It was dealt with in house in the battalion which was where it became contraversial with the suspect transfered to 1 Para where he was forever known as 'Line them up Louis'. All the regular Parachute SNCOs who I talked to thought his actions were outrageous as the battle was over and the prisoners were causing no problems. There were no video cams or Shakespearian speeches in those days though.

Another of the things in Bramleys book concerned allegations that there were American mercenaries captured in the battle and subsequently summary executed. This appears to be a load of bollocks. There were Anglo Argentinians in the Argentinian forces who spoke English.

The 1983 Paras documentary and the 1976 one about HMS Ark Royal can't be matched.
I remember watching that show, disinterestedly, it was on and I was in the room at the time but I wasn't really paying much attention to it until my normally mild-mannered grandmother came into the room and nearly had a canary at the sight of what we were watching.

"Those bastards? You're watching those bastards! That crowd of murdering bastards tried to kill me and you're watching them on the TV now?"

I figured it might be best to change the channel to the Krypton Factor at that point.

By the way, wasn't one of the Paras in that series later killed in an ambush, in Fermanagh if I'm not mistaken?

I remember watching that show, disinterestedly, it was on and I was in the room at the time but I wasn't really paying much attention to it until my normally mild-mannered grandmother came into the room and nearly had a canary at the sight of what we were watching.

"Those bastards? You're watching those bastards! That crowd of murdering bastards tried to kill me and you're watching them on the TV now?"

I figured it might be best to change the channel to the Krypton Factor at that point.

By the way, wasn't one of the Paras in that series later killed in an ambush, in Fermanagh if I'm not mistaken?
I wondered how long it would be before you turned up haunting the thread.

Thats right. He learned to fly from scratch. Unfortunatly he bought it when his tow rope broke and he crash landed on a night flight and hit a telegraph post, later died in Tidworth hospital.

Another case of the Royal Engineers leading the way. And Para Reg have the cheek to call us hats.

The Royal Engineers also invented the RAF via the RFC. Probably to their eternal shame they are responsible for the Royal Signals in 1920. No doubt the Royal Navy originally learn't watermanship from the Sappers.
Is that you, Gundulf?

Your Grandma was lucky not to be murdered twice.

Your Grandma was lucky not to be murdered twice.
To be honest at that point it was my life that felt like it was in danger. She was a lovely woman at the best of times but by Christ she could give you a sore belt if she felt you deserved it.

The Para who featured in the series who was later killed, if I am not wrong and I only quote from memory a story in the Daily Mail at the time, was Alistair Slater and was killed in an SAS operation in Kesh that went badly wrong. I remember reading Andy McNabb's account of it a few years ago.

Others can comment on the veracity of this.

RE, borne of the RA. You lot always try and keep that hidden.

For clarity, the funny is for the comment on the Royal Signals, not the demise of the Glider Pilot.
Certa Cito.

Absolute bollocks. What do you think would happen if Anthony Joshua cut his dick off and entered the ring with a 5'8" 13 stone woman? What would happen if Manu Tuilagi did the same on the rugby pitch?
Same thing would happen as if they entered the ring with a 5'8" 13 stone man. Absolute kicking. So what? Going up against a genetic outlier has its risks, unless you're also a genetic outlier.

On the other hand, how many times has it actually happened? Is it really likely to happen? Are you genuinely concerned for those the poor female heavyweight boxers, or are you just using the argument as a stick to beat all transsexuals, because you don't agree that they exist?

Ask yourself whether it's more likely that Manu Tuilagi decides "you know what, I'd rather be the undeniably world's best female rugby player, than one of the world's best male players, I'm 'just going to announce I'm transitioning' in order to game the system" - or that she decides that after decades of depression and struggling to cope with being trapped in a man's body, that she decides to transition; but wants to carry on playing the game she loves at whatever level, after meeting all of the criteria for hormone levels, and undergoing reassignment surgery?

Men have XY chromosomes and females have XX. Unless they can change that then there's no reason to accept the lies being forced upon us.
Not that simple, I'm afraid. Not everywhere, but a rate of (say) 1:10000 for a particular "not just XX or XY" condition means that there are 6,000 British citizens with that one condition (and there are many). Here's what the NHS has to say:

Please, read one of the links.

Same thing would happen as if they entered the ring with a 5'8" 13 stone man. Absolute kicking. So what? Going up against a genetic outlier has its risks, unless you're also a genetic outlier.

On the other hand, how many times has it actually happened? Is it really likely to happen? Are you genuinely concerned for those the poor female heavyweight boxers, or are you just using the argument as a stick to beat all transsexuals, because you don't agree that they exist?

Ask yourself whether it's more likely that Manu Tuilagi decides "you know what, I'd rather be the undeniably world's best female rugby player, than one of the world's best male players, I'm 'just going to announce I'm transitioning' in order to game the system" - or that she decides that after decades of depression and struggling to cope with being trapped in a man's body, that she decides to transition; but wants to carry on playing the game she loves at whatever level, after meeting all of the criteria for hormone levels, and undergoing reassignment surgery?

There are a lot of females who dont want transgenders participating in the sports.
Are they all wrong?

Latest Threads