Female P Coy Pass

Perhaps elite female athletes, such as the Olympic medal winning swimmer Sharon Davis, who is against trans women competing against real women are whinging about nothing er?
Except there are other athletes who look at the evidence; which suggests that after a couple of years and the governing body rules on transition and hormone levels, that trans females aren't at a significant advantage.

Listening to Sharon Davies being interviewed, when confronted with the evidence, she dismissed it on the basis that it didn't involve trans women who had been elite performing athletes before transition (it was "reasonably fit types, who transitioned; found that as trans females, they were getting beaten by Cis female athletes"). Banning every trans athlete from competition because of the possibility that one or two peak performers might one day transition, doesn't seem like a reasonable response (it's like listening to someone argue that everyone in the rifle section must be built like Schwarzenegger and carry a 0.50 rifle, just in case one day they need to stop an elephant in its tracks and then drag it to safety).

The peer-reviewed studies that have been done, don't support Ms Davies position; and so she had an attack of "I don't care about your facts and measurements, I know I'm right" during the interview that I listened to.

It took me just two seconds to find just one example that I have posted below.
You might want to read that link again, it doesn't prove what you think it does. He wants to fight blokes, it's the "oh noes, his birth certificate says girl, he has to fight girls" brigade who are screwing things up by insisting that someone loading on testosterone mustn't mix it with the lads - it's us woke types are suggesting he should be fighting other lads.

PS I've watched firstborn training with the Scotland judo squad; the young women take no prisoners, that's for certain. The coaches are perfectly happy to let girls and boys spar at full effort, so long as they're of similar height and weight.

In the seventies the nickname for a soldier in 16 Para Bde who was wearing a Dennison smock and red beret without wings was 'a pengiun'. Has that gone out of use.
I haven’t been intimately involved with the Bde for the best part of a decade, but my understanding of the term penguin was someone who had passed P Coy but not yet done the jumps.

My Para friends will be much better placed to answer though.

UKTAP

LE
Except there are other athletes who look at the evidence; which suggests that after a couple of years and the governing body rules on transition and hormone levels, that trans females aren't at a significant advantage.

Listening to Sharon Davies being interviewed, when confronted with the evidence, she dismissed it on the basis that it didn't involve trans women who had been elite performing athletes before transition (it was "reasonably fit types, who transitioned; found that as trans females, they were getting beaten by Cis female athletes"). Banning every trans athlete from competition because of the possibility that one or two peak performers might one day transition, doesn't seem like a reasonable response (it's like listening to someone argue that everyone in the rifle section must be built like Schwarzenegger and carry a 0.50 rifle, just in case one day they need to stop an elephant in its tracks and then drag it to safety).

The peer-reviewed studies that have been done, don't support Ms Davies position; and so she had an attack of "I don't care about your facts and measurements, I know I'm right" during the interview that I listened to.

You might want to read that link again, it doesn't prove what you think it does. He wants to fight blokes, it's the "oh noes, his birth certificate says girl, he has to fight girls" brigade who are screwing things up by insisting that someone loading on testosterone mustn't mix it with the lads - it's us woke types are suggesting he should be fighting other lads.

PS I've watched firstborn training with the Scotland judo squad; the young women take no prisoners, that's for certain. The coaches are perfectly happy to let girls and boys spar at full effort, so long as they're of similar height and weight.
Absolute bollocks. What do you think would happen if Anthony Joshua cut his dick off and entered the ring with a 5'8" 13 stone woman? What would happen if Manu Tuilagi did the same on the rugby pitch?

It most certainly was seen as that in my day ('80s & '90s). Additionally, one wasn't considered a paratrooper unless one had been through Depot PARA or had earned the Parachute Regiment capbadge.
I am a bit baffled by this one. If a member of the public is at Everleigh DZ watching a lob- in by a C130 full of blokes from 9 Para Sqn RE will he think " Oh those are not paratroopers, they are 'hat attached'.

Or the Reme LAD jumping attached, jumping with Para Reg in the same aircraft?

Does the term 'Paratrooper' even exist offically in the Army. On my records it always said 'Parachutist. The Parachute Regiment being the Airborne Infantry part of Airborne forces.

The wartime paratroopers were all originally hats from other regiments. Direct entry from civilian life didn't start until 1952.

It didn't bother me. I have always admired the Parachute Regiment and I am proud to have served even as a lowly Para stab. I don't think you do themselves any favours though.

The days of the seventies when a two battalion Airborne Task force would jump from 36 C130s seem to be long gone.

A battalion jump appears to be a big event these days. Para Reg recruits pass out without their wings. Completing 5 at BPC and the other three in battalion.

The Australians took 3 RAR off Parachute status, reasoning that 2nd Commando can handle any company level static line descents. How long before the government decides that they can save money by having SFSG handling any likely static line parachute insertions, with the units of 16 AABde being Airlanding with parachute training only carried out if posted to SFSG.

Oyibo

LE
I am a bit baffled by this one. If a member of the public is at Everleigh DZ watching a lob- in by a C130 full of blokes from 9 Para Sqn RE will he think " Oh those are not paratroopers, they are 'hat attached'.

Or the Reme LAD jumping attached, jumping with Para Reg in the same aircraft?

Does the term 'Paratrooper' even exist offically in the Army. On my records it always said 'Parachutist. The Parachute Regiment being the Airborne Infantry part of Airborne forces.

The wartime paratroopers were all originally hats from other regiments. Direct entry from civilian life didn't start until 1952.

It didn't bother me. I have always admired the Parachute Regiment and I am proud to have served even as a lowly Para stab. I don't think you do themselves any favours though.

The days of the seventies when a two battalion Airborne Task force would jump from 36 C130s seem to be long gone.

A battalion jump appears to be a big event these days. Para Reg recruits pass out without their wings. Completing 5 at BPC and the other three in battalion.

The Australians took 3 RAR off Parachute status, reasoning that 2nd Commando can handle any company level static line descents. How long before the government decides that they can save money by having SFSG handling any likely static line parachute insertions, with the units of 16 AABde being Airlanding with parachute training only carried out if posted to SFSG.
It's about perspective - Para Regt consider non Para Regt as hats. P Coy qualified hats are a damn sight better than genuine hats. P Coy qualified 'hats' consider non-P Coy qualified soldiers as hats. TA are (were) just STABS.

It's about perspective - Para Regt consider non Para Regt as hats. P Coy qualified hats are a damn sight better than genuine hats. P Coy qualified 'hats' consider non-P Coy qualified soldiers as hats. TA are (were) just STABS.
Fair enough.

Robme

On ROPS
On ROPs
Ian Hamilton passed P Company then became Jan Hamilton.
So technically a woman has passed it already.

Picture just to drive Don't Tell Him Pike to happiness.
View attachment 450798
Nope, born a man still a man, whatever he might want to do with his body he still remains a man. As Germaine Greer said what you are born as is what you are, cutting off your dick and making a vag doesn't make a woman.
IMHO, it about time we stopped giving these snowflakes the oxygen of publicity as the blessed St. Maggs once said. Just like Stonewall, with its perverse mission to hijack the homosexual debate and resurrect every Male from no matter was time was ‘obviously’ a ‘poofta’, no matter who they were. So the cross dressers and snowflakes seek to legitimise their ‘perversity’ in the cloak of sudo-legality?
I am also sure that the Snowflake community masquerading as ex-servicemen infecting this site, will be spitting bricks, but that’s what opinion is all all about. If you think I’m wrong show me the scientific evidence to support you absurd claims, rather than have a meltdown?
Love and big man hugs
Robme
100% normal and out and proud (or whatever they have a habit of saying)
P.s. Having just had a butchers at the photo, providing he has had the chop and his bits are of the female variety, I wouldnt be that unhappy if I woke up in the morning and found I had spent the night with him..

Robme

On ROPS
On ROPs
I know it is only reality TV and all LOB but some of the birds on Channel 4 SAS who dares wins would probably be fit enough to pass AAPC especially the blonde cornish bird and the vietnamese girl. There was a youtube video a while back about a special female selection for Norweigen Special Forces which looked as tough as P Company and AACC.
The Swedes have female SF as well. Mind you all Swedish women are going to need SF training soon with all their rapey newcomers.
It was once noted that women had attempted SAS selection back in the 90’s I seem to recall, but were hooked off the course as it looked like they might pass?

What is STABS please

Well that's a disappointment, :(

The PARA Regt 'Hat' obsession is a 'bit' bizarre.

P Coy and parachuting is either a big deal or it isn't.

Although it's the rigours of P Coy and parachuting which engenders the 'Airborne Brotherhood', they then undermine that by insisting it's the infantry element which makes them special.

The infantry element which is exactly the same as The Trifles et al.

Attached Arms are either Airborne Gods because they've gone through the process, or they're Hats because they're not infantry.

Last edited:
In the late 60s, HATS ment officers, or am I wrong

When I was on tour in Belfast with 3PARA in ‘74 there was a hint in the air that some senior bods at RHQ were considering changing the name of the Toms from “Private” to “Paratrooper”. This was informally put to the lads and was universally rejected. However I did mention it to my girlfriend in passing during one phone call. Imagine my surprise on getting back from patrol a few days later to find a letter on my bed addressed to “Paratrooper Beefer, 2 Platoon 3PARA, BFPO 800.

Never mind I hear you say ”it was just a little mistake” but no - over my bed the lads had erected a BFO sign that read “PARATROOPER BEEFER SLEEPS HERE”.

4(T)

LE

Then its a good job Para Regt are perhaps too bone-headed to understand how the airborne gunners and sappers regard them!

C'mon, it was fairly easy within the airborne brotherhood to out-para the paras, be it on the sports pitch* or in the jungle.

*(Tell us about the time all three btns packed one team for the Bde Warrior Trophy, only to be thrashed in each event by a 7 Para RHA that had two batteries overseas at the time!)

Then its a good job Para Regt are perhaps too bone-headed to understand how the airborne gunners and sappers regard them!

C'mon, it was fairly easy within the airborne brotherhood to out-para the paras, be it on the sports pitch* or in the jungle.

*(Tell us about the time all three btns packed one team for the Bde Warrior Trophy, only to be thrashed in each event by a 7 Para RHA that had two batteries overseas at the time!)
thumb_well-then-this-just-got-a-little-awkward-memes-com-in-54175351.png

7th are far better looking,
have bigger weaponry
And get drunk on a sixpence
They don't need the Pegasus Club.
I maybe a tad bias

Nope, born a man still a man, whatever he might want to do with his body he still remains a man. As Germaine Greer said what you are born as is what you are, cutting off your dick and making a vag doesn't make a woman.
IMHO, it about time we stopped giving these snowflakes the oxygen of publicity as the blessed St. Maggs once said. Just like Stonewall, with its perverse mission to hijack the homosexual debate and resurrect every Male from no matter was time was ‘obviously’ a ‘poofta’, no matter who they were. So the cross dressers and snowflakes seek to legitimise their ‘perversity’ in the cloak of sudo-legality?
I am also sure that the Snowflake community masquerading as ex-servicemen infecting this site, will be spitting bricks, but that’s what opinion is all all about. If you think I’m wrong show me the scientific evidence to support you absurd claims, rather than have a meltdown?
Love and big man hugs
Robme
100% normal and out and proud (or whatever they have a habit of saying)
P.s. Having just had a butchers at the photo, providing he has had the chop and his bits are of the female variety, I wouldnt be that unhappy if I woke up in the morning and found I had spent the night with him..
Men have XY chromosomes and females have XX. Unless they can change that then there's no reason to accept the lies being forced upon us.

If a guy wants to pretend he's a bird and be called Susan then crack on, but it's another thing entirely to expect me to believe he's a natural female.

Latest Threads