Female P Coy Pass

Yes and no. Yes, in that a female, who was probably within the top 5-10% of her peer group of female athletes passed the course. And bloody well done to her. However though; like I've already mentioned up thread, she represents an extremely small and exclusive group of women.
Good luck to her. Ive known a few blokes who didn't pass P coy, and they were otherwise pretty fit individuals.
It can be done, its been done, just not by everyone.

I think each battalion had there own band in those days. Bandsmen moved between bands on the normal posting cycle with the top postings being the Guards bands.
RTR Bandsmen stayed with the Regt. Now days there’s an RAC band, with the Pipes and Drums wearing 4 RTR Scottish Band Uniform.

Reading material if you're interested... (first two in attached files)

I'm going to be blunt. It's common sense that lowering standards of armed forces lowers the standard of the force itself. This has already happened due to political correctness, feminism and ill-borne notions of equality. If this woman did in fact pass p-coy with no leeway from commanding officers then she truly is one of a kind for women but in general, women in any military capacity is a sign of desperation or budding ideology.
Still, I am in doubt of her performance considering other such cases. Here is a small compilation:

(Third link in attached files.)

And that self doubt of your own wisdom due to your age is sad to see though considering what you wrote may be more well founded than you think.
Women will go without children from infertility due to the stress on the battlefield. Men, women, children and entire countries will be at far higher risk due to unnecessary female involvement. In the end if you support these movements you deserve to reap what you sow but no one else does.

All this without really touching on fundamental physical and mental differences. Women can't even play sport at a man's level, be it coordination (darts), strategy (chess) or all around ability (football, triathlons, cycling, etc.), let alone play army soldier.
You tell him Red.

That female P Coy hero will never suck penis as skillfully as you.

Was that “The Paras” in 1982? I seem to recall the bloke joined as a bandsman on the understanding he would do the Depot up until just prior to P Company then go to the band. I suspect he was waffled at by the ACIO as he ended up going on P Company, not passing, at which point he ended up going to 1 Para’s band and never got his wings. His Platoon Commander, John B., did describe him as “sensitive” in a training team meeting.

Having seen footage of 2 and 3 Para parading through Aldershot after Op Corporate, within the bandies, the Corps of Drums (MG Pl?) had wings (as soldiers who played music) as opposed to wingless bandsmen who, whilst having a war role, were primarily musicians.

Open to correction...
I don't think he got as far as P Company. He got as far as about week 8 and it was clear he wasn't suited to be anything other than a Bandsman. Which is what he wanted to do in the first place as he had only joined the Paras as they had vacancies in the first place.

The P Company staff thought he was an artistic type who was affected by cold and probably wasn't suitable for the army, let alone the Paras.

I don't think he got as far as P Company. He got as far as about week 8 and it was clear he wasn't suited to be anything other than a Bandsman. Which is what he wanted to do in the first place as he had only joined the Paras as they had vacancies in the first place.

The P Company staff thought he was an artistic type who was affected by cold and probably wasn't suitable for the army, let alone the Paras.
A shoo in for the RAF Regt, then.

I think each battalion had there own band in those days. Bandsmen moved between bands on the normal posting cycle with the top postings being the Guards bands.
Routine postings for Musicians/Bandsmen wasn't case in the time I am referring to, although I imagine that bandsmen could transfer to other bands if there was a vacancy. The exception was Bandmasters and Directors of music who were fairly mobile.
Musicians would be recruited directly into regimental bands when a vacancy for a particular skill was required either by word of mouth or adverts in the musical press- for example "2nd trombone wanted by the band of the Cheshire Regiment"

Routine postings for Musicians/Bandsmen wasn't case in the time I am referring to, although I imagine that bandsmen could transfer to other bands if there was a vacancy. The exception was Bandmasters and Directors of music who were fairly mobile.
Musicians would be recruited directly into regimental bands when a vacancy for a particular skill was required either by word of mouth or adverts in the musical press- for example "2nd trombone wanted by the band of the Cheshire Regiment"
Pink oboe wanted by 3 PARA Mortars...

SEX SEX SEX - she's a fecking Woman - her Sex is Female.

Her Gender could be "Unicorn" for all we know & is irrelevant to the discussion at hand......

Gender is made up bollocks based on what society thinks - hence the 71 odd available on Facebook for scrotes that like to sellotape their balls back.

And Breathe.........

(Sorry - but I get fed up with the endless conflation of Sex & Gender - all designed to make us more accepting when Men "Identify" as Women and then go on to trounce them at their own sport (for example))...........
You like potato and I like potahto,
You like tomato and I like tomahto;
Potato, potahto, tomato, tomahto!

A woman, womankind, womenfolk, lady, lumpy jumper, female, splitter, passed AAPC.

Hoorah! The end.

That was me and I genuinely thought it was a pisstake, especially at my stage in life at that time, but apparently there was no one else!

I felt a bit uncomfortable when we changed berets (Jan 2003 IICR) but the Regt was briefed that the beret was the mark of the Bde (Air delivered Troops), the historical example being the Air Landing units, and the wings were the mark of Para trained troops. Oh and by the way it was a f*cking order :)

I used to sometimes hear mutterings of hat as I was walking away when I had given direction or pulled someone up, but I never had an issue with individuals not doing as directed when told.

It’s a name and it’s ‘group Speak’ just like grunt, falling plate, wedge, drop short, green slime, f*cking loggie, scaleyback and the dozens of others used in a derogatory manner by one group against others.

It’s an important part of their ethos to have a superior attitude and to think they are top of the food chain and as has pointed out on this thread, there is a food chain within the food chain. Only a really insecure or really crap operator would get upset by name calling in my opinion.

I enjoyed my time in the Bde, quality training, good kit, many professional soldiers and Op TELIC was the icing on the cake. But then again, I am secure in the certain knowledge that I was, at that time, the very best in my Corps and trade at what I did, hence why I was sent there in the first place ^~
In the seventies the nickname for a soldier in 16 Para Bde who was wearing a Dennison smock and red beret without wings was 'a pengiun'. Has that gone out of use.

Was that “The Paras” in 1982? I seem to recall the bloke joined as a bandsman on the understanding he would do the Depot up until just prior to P Company then go to the band. I suspect he was waffled at by the ACIO as he ended up going on P Company, not passing, at which point he ended up going to 1 Para’s band and never got his wings. His Platoon Commander, John B., did describe him as “sensitive” in a training team meeting.

Having seen footage of 2 and 3 Para parading through Aldershot after Op Corporate, within the bandies, the Corps of Drums (MG Pl?) had wings (as soldiers who played music) as opposed to wingless bandsmen who, whilst having a war role, were primarily musicians.

Open to correction...
Worked with a guy,who for a joke,would play Reveille (Lots of pissed off cons) Served in 2 Para Falklands,and later in Hereford. Assume he learned his blowing skills as a bandy.

Worked with a guy,who for a joke,would play Reveille (Lots of pissed off cons) Served in 2 Para Falklands,and later in Hereford. Assume he learned his blowing skills as a bandy.
When I was in JLR RE at Dover we had a band which was done as a hobby. Bugles, Trumpets and drums. Junior Para Company had the same I think. Maybe he obtained his musical skills that way.

When I was in JLR RE at Dover we had a band which was done as a hobby. Bugles, Trumpets and drums. Junior Para Company had the same I think. Maybe he obtained his musical skills that way.
Or 3 Para mortars.;)

Back in the 80's each Para battalion had a band. 3 Para's band were our designated stretcher bearers on big exercises in Germany /Denmark. We went right downmarket in 2003(Telic) when we got the RA band ;)

Latest Threads