Female P Coy Pass

That was me and I genuinely thought it was a pisstake, especially at my stage in life at that time, but apparently there was no one else!

I felt a bit uncomfortable when we changed berets (Jan 2003 IICR) but the Regt was briefed that the beret was the mark of the Bde (Air delivered Troops), the historical example being the Air Landing units, and the wings were the mark of Para trained troops. Oh and by the way it was a f*cking order :)

I used to sometimes hear mutterings of hat as I was walking away when I had given direction or pulled someone up, but I never had an issue with individuals not doing as directed when told.

It’s a name and it’s ‘group Speak’ just like grunt, falling plate, wedge, drop short cünt, green slime, f*cking loggie, scaleyback and the dozens of others used in a derogatory manner by one group against others.
My bold.
Edited for accuracy!

I enjoyed my time in the Bde, quality training, good kit, many professional soldiers and Op TELIC was the icing on the cake. But then again, I am secure in the certain knowledge that I was, at that time, the very best in my Corps and trade at what I did, hence why I was sent there in the first place ^~
Im sure Ive said this before, but the bar isnt exactly set very high.

I dont know why that would be a factor, its so easy that even girls can pass it.
[/QUOTE]

As I told my GS if he does not complete it .. boy he will get some stick

Chalkster69

Old-Salt
but a pass is a pass, gender is irrelevant.
SEX SEX SEX - she's a fecking Woman - her Sex is Female.

Her Gender could be "Unicorn" for all we know & is irrelevant to the discussion at hand......

Gender is made up bollocks based on what society thinks - hence the 71 odd available on Facebook for scrotes that like to sellotape their balls back.

And Breathe.........

(Sorry - but I get fed up with the endless conflation of Sex & Gender - all designed to make us more accepting when Men "Identify" as Women and then go on to trounce them at their own sport (for example))...........

Everyone knows the chefs' course is the hardest course in the Army, as no-one's passed it yet.

My coat? why thank you.
I can vouch for that, we got an ex ACC cooking at our Vets Brekkie Club. He can’t cook to save his life. The last one, we had to send the bacon back, it was raw!!

needlewaver

Old-Salt
And then there is the "para" band
Remember a TV programme called "Army" or some such. The lad with the paras was far to "sensitive" two days in gave up . But was allowed to put the lid on .
Was that “The Paras” in 1982? I seem to recall the bloke joined as a bandsman on the understanding he would do the Depot up until just prior to P Company then go to the band. I suspect he was waffled at by the ACIO as he ended up going on P Company, not passing, at which point he ended up going to 1 Para’s band and never got his wings. His Platoon Commander, John B., did describe him as “sensitive” in a training team meeting.

Having seen footage of 2 and 3 Para parading through Aldershot after Op Corporate, within the bandies, the Corps of Drums (MG Pl?) had wings (as soldiers who played music) as opposed to wingless bandsmen who, whilst having a war role, were primarily musicians.

Open to correction...

And then there is the "para" band
Remember a TV programme called "Army" or some such. The lad with the paras was far to "sensitive" two days in gave up . But was allowed to put the lid on .
Going back to the days when each infantry battalion/RAC regiment had their own full military band- I believe my recall is correct that only one Parachute Regiment Band had a requirement that all their bandsmen to be 'jump trained'( and therefore had to have passed P Coy).
It may have been the Airborne Forces Depot Band but I can't swear that it was.
Edited: I can't find any info about a Depot band so I may be completely wrong about that.

Last edited:

Chalkster69

Old-Salt
Ian Hamilton passed P Company then became Jan Hamilton.
So technically a woman has passed it already.
A Man passed P Company & then became a Trans Woman.

Hamilton isn't a Woman.

Was that “The Paras” in 1982? I seem to recall the bloke joined as a bandsman on the understanding he would do the Depot up until just prior to P Company then go to the band. I suspect he was waffled at by the ACIO as he ended up going on P Company, not passing, at which point he ended up going to 1 Para’s band and never got his wings. His Platoon Commander, John B., did describe him as “sensitive” in a training team meeting.

Having seen footage of 2 and 3 Para parading through Aldershot after Op Corporate, within the bandies, the Corps of Drums (MG Pl?) had wings (as soldiers who played music) as opposed to wingless bandsmen who, whilst having a war role, were primarily musicians.

Open to correction...
To be honest with you I cannot remember however it sounds right

Some things in life are a challenge, and arduous. Are you suggesting, that because a woman reaches the summit of Everest, that earlier male climbers would wish they hadn't bothered, because it is somehow now less challenging?

Bigger plums than me, you and the rest of Arrse put together.

Yes, we are talking a very small %, but a pass is a pass, gender is irrelevant.
"Carve her name with pride" read that book about the age when I read "The Phantom Major" big balls indeed.

Yes, we are talking a very small %, but a pass is a pass, gender is irrelevant.
Yes and no. Yes, in that a female, who was probably within the top 5-10% of her peer group of female athletes passed the course. And bloody well done to her. However though; like I've already mentioned up thread, she represents an extremely small and exclusive group of women.

The law says she is. Live with it.

Trans rights are human rights...

Got any examples? Because while there's lots of hysteria and "what-if" about it, there aren't many at all.
It took me just two seconds to find just one example that I have posted below.
Perhaps elite female athletes, such as the Olympic medal winning swimmer Sharon Davis, who is against trans women competing against real women are whinging about nothing er?

Chalkster69

Old-Salt
The law says she is. Live with it.

Trans rights are human rights...

Got any examples? Because while there's lots of hysteria and "what-if" about it, there aren't many at all.
Trans Woman - it's all in the name. dear. Hamilton can identify as a Swan - it's just as relevant as identifying as a Woman.

When they dig Hamiltons body up in 500 years time, they certainly won't say "the body of a 20th century Woman"...

Loads of Sports examples - McKinnon, Mouncey to name a couple.

I'm sure you know the rest of the names, you probably have the list under your pillow.....

What rights don't Trans people have out of interest??

I'm not aware of any I have that they don't.....

Sappers v Stackers, I think I will let the audience decide ^~
They have all PMed me to acknowledge that Stackers are better.

It took me just two seconds to find just one example that I have posted below.
Perhaps elite female athletes, such as the Olympic medal winning swimmer Sharon Davis, who is against trans women competing against real women are whinging about nothing er?

The East German ladies shot putting team had no problems had no problems in the Seventies and Eighties.

Yes and no. Yes, in that a female, who was probably within the top 5-10% of her peer group of female athletes passed the course. And bloody well done to her. However though; like I've already mentioned up thread, she represents an extremely small and exclusive group of women.
And I am proud to pass the same course (abeit 37 years before) that a lady who is in the top 5-10% of her peer group. I wish her well.

Going back to the days when each infantry battalion/RAC regiment had their own full military band- I believe my recall is correct that only one Parachute Regiment Band had a requirement that all their bandsmen to be 'jump trained'( and therefore had to have passed P Coy).
It may have been the Airborne Forces Depot Band but I can't swear that it was.
Edited: I can't find any info about a Depot band so I may be completely wrong about that.
I think each battalion had there own band in those days. Bandsmen moved between bands on the normal posting cycle with the top postings being the Guards bands.

Latest Threads