Female P Coy Pass

It most certainly was seen as that in my day ('80s & '90s). Additionally, one wasn't considered a paratrooper unless one had been through Depot PARA or had earned the Parachute Regiment capbadge.

I have considerably more respect for the lady than I do for the useless f**ks who swan about in a maroon beret with no intention of even attempting P Coy.
Same here, but from an RE perspective.

P Coy trained was the absolute minimum for 99% of the Sqn. Rite of passage.

Everyone would know if you’d earned your maroon or not.

To suggest otherwise is cobblers.

QRK2

LE
When was that? TA P Coy or Airborne Student were never allowed to carry over for regular service for those who went fo a regular Para Regt commission - no 20 miler and slightly different timings so would not be comparable to their peers.

It was however possible to do regular all arms as a Reserve, and as long as they declared as “potential officer” for assessment during the course they didn’t have to go again after RMAS.
Working back, I reckon about 2008. +/_ a year or two for the particular intake to which I was reffering, one if the two who had to do P Coy was our Trg Capt, having subsequently moved on. I'm afraid you are very out of date with your 'never' statement. The subject came up as an aquaitance was about to do AB Student and I made a comment along the lines of, he'd have to re do it as he was intending to go regular, hence my certainty on his dit.

Last edited:
It most certainly was seen as that in my day ('80s & '90s). Additionally, one wasn't considered a paratrooper unless one had been through Depot PARA or had earned the Parachute Regiment capbadge.

I have considerably more respect for the lady than I do for the useless f**ks who swan about in a maroon beret with no intention of even attempting P Coy.
Are you pissed?

All this talk of P Coy - pah! It's nothing compared to the Royal Navy's Splash Target Cox'n course. Many have attempted it, few have passed. It's even considered an adqual for the Shaky Boats.

The_Duke

LE
Working back, I reckon about 2008. +/_ a year or two for the particular intake to which I was reffering, one if the two who had to do P Coy was our Trg Capt, having subsequently moved on. I'm afraid you are very out of date with your 'never' statement. The subject came up as an aquaitance was about to do AB Student and I made a comment along the lines of, he'd have to re do it as he was intending to go regular, hence my certainty on his dit.
In that timeframe I was a 4 PARA OC, and saw several TA soldiers go on to regular commissions. They all had to do regular P Coy if they went Para Regt. That was Regimental policy at that time. A couple opted to do All Arms to “get the course in the bag” before RMAS.

Like all rules, I am sure there have been exceptions though.

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
All this talk of P Coy - pah! It's nothing compared to the Royal Navy's Splash Target Cox'n course. Many have attempted it, few have passed. It's even considered an adqual for the Shaky Boats.
Everyone knows the chefs' course is the hardest course in the Army, as no-one's passed it yet.

My coat? why thank you.

TamH70

MIA
Why not before or during?
Duh. If I killed him before I told him then he wouldn't have known anything which would mean there's no point in killing him.

JJWRacing

Clanker
No, this one was very physically fit and lasted to the end of pre-para then she was binned due to injury (I think).

She didn't make it to P-Coy.
I was the SNCO Trg Wing when she attended, she lasted 3 days on P-Coy, she was very physically fit and could have been the first one

Last edited:
I have only just noticed that I appear in your signature block (fame at last after 15 years :) ), however, it’s over 35 years and not yet a veteran as still serving.

But bringing it back on thread.

I am not (nor would pass the tests) Para trained, however, I did serve in 16x, deployed on Ops with them and to my immense pride/embarrassment (in equal measures) was awarded an operational award.

I have nothing but respect for every single person who passes P Coy and have no doubt in my mind that she has achieved something the vast majority of us can’t, no matter our online ‘virtual’ SF status.

So, that’s me (the lover, not fighter), let’s hear about all those female world records that you are able to smash, anyone of them will do ^~
Easy peeing in the snow in my handwriting

I was the SNCO Trg Wing when she attended, she lasted 3 days on P-Coy, she was very physically fit and could have been the first one
I know you were.

She was the ginger haired lass who just happened to be the girlfriend of a certain C Tp OC?

Nope, but I do know that you wouldn't get out of the door without a lot of people that haven't been through P Coy or Depot PARA.
What has that got to do with someone taking pride in being para?
Not one myself, I will use the excuse of vertigo.
I have actually jumped out of a couple of aircraft sans 'chute but they were choppers a few feet off the ground.

Latest Threads