Female P Coy Pass

As a non jumper ie no I won’t jump out a perfectly serviceable aircraft. Now the lass has got her maroon lid, would she now go on to get her wings ?
Yes. She will do the parachute course at some point. She's posted to the Airborne Artillery Regiment.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Dear Foggy, wet and clinging!
I encountered the Royal couple in HRHs Scimitar whilst a cadet on Staff College Gate guard. Foggy was on the staff at RMAS at the time and we detained the Royal couple due to a lack of ID, major flak the following day we were technically in the right, but politically in the wrong!!
Another dit ref 1420H, told to me by one of your fellow Cadets at around the same time.
He was in Fog’s platoon and, prior to going on guard at the gate you mention, the guard received orders to search every vehicle coming in.
1420H pitches up.
Question: Boss’ daughter driving, do we just let her through?
Answer: Boss’ son-in-law and our Pln Cdr has given us direct order to search every vehicle. ‘Excuse me Ma’am, but would you mind getting out of your vehicle while we search it.’

As recounted, the search revealed some ‘plasticine’ inside the spare wheel.
‘Phews’ all round and ‘Well dones’ all round the next morning.

How embarrassing....the social emasculation of men is almost complete now. Mind you a 55 year old man passing the AACC was pretty bad as well., any young man that allows a woman to achieve something physical that he can't achieve is a literal waste of skin...have they "tinkered" with "modernised" the standards lately? I remember watching the ROyal Marines doc about 20 years ago when one of the Sargents was talking about the standards being played with to the point the hat won't mean anything ....are we there yet?

and that posh boy blatantly lying through his teeth about how it will make the Airborne units stronger is ..well lying. I'd be very happy to hear how allowing women to pass or to join is honestly going to make them stronger,..its office talk. When all's said and done and a hill needs taking by force women bring Nothing, 20'000 years of human history does not lie

Excellent post.

Demonstrates superbly how it's possible to pack in the most utter bollocks in relatively few words.

Well done.

Another dit ref 1420H, told to me by one of your fellow Cadets at around the same time.
He was in Fog’s platoon and, prior to going on guard at the gate you mention, the guard received orders to search every vehicle coming in.
1420H pitches up.
Question: Boss’ daughter driving, do we just let her through?
Answer: Boss’ son-in-law and our Pln Cdr has given us direct order to search every vehicle. ‘Excuse me Ma’am, but would you mind getting out of your vehicle while we search it.’

As recounted, the search revealed some ‘plasticine’ inside the spare wheel.
‘Phews’ all round and ‘Well dones’ all round the next morning.
There was a lot of silliness around that time and RMAS was well on it's game. We as cadets were jolly civil and nice chaps who were more scared of the C/sgts than some member of the Academy saddle club with his horse box regardless of rank.
About that time some old buffer in the Lords drove his Bentley into the HoC car park with a big black ball in his boot with bomb stencilled on the side. He did the standard security is rubbish rant to the press and then wondered why he was constantly searched -arse!

Oyibo

LE
A Parachute Regiment 2Lt who'd completed parachute training as a Para Regt Tom was required to attend and pass AAPC selection before confirmation of his appointment to the Regiment. This was in 1970; he told us it was Regimental practice that any officer on RD had to pass AAPC regardless of their OR service.
Not the case in the '80s or '90s

warwalker

Swinger
Is that a new thing, or a sign of today’s manning levels. I seem to remember it took a bit longer than that during the late 70s.
We had a Second Louie, joined the Regt day after me. Got his second pip in just under a year, but was still a Lieutenant when I left.
An uncontested ‘Not Yet’ can delay promotion to captain.

The_Duke

LE
MOD comment - lawnmower man has now left the thread.

Anyone else dragging their handbag swinging in here can go too.

When my lot was in the old 5 Airborne, we could easily match them when it came to military stuff. Fitness was a different matter, although some blokes completed P Coy. They hated that and we were always the poor relations. Even on things like PRE's, they made our lives difficult.
Did the guys who passed P Company and BPC wear the Red Beret ?

Amazing the amount of male femenist are on arrse.

But as we all know there are World records and then there are female world records, they have their own category.
I have only just noticed that I appear in your signature block (fame at last after 15 years :) ), however, it’s over 35 years and not yet a veteran as still serving.

But bringing it back on thread.

I am not (nor would pass the tests) Para trained, however, I did serve in 16x, deployed on Ops with them and to my immense pride/embarrassment (in equal measures) was awarded an operational award.

I have nothing but respect for every single person who passes P Coy and have no doubt in my mind that she has achieved something the vast majority of us can’t, no matter our online ‘virtual’ SF status.

So, that’s me (the lover, not fighter), let’s hear about all those female world records that you are able to smash, anyone of them will do ^~

Last edited:

QRK2

LE
A Parachute Regiment 2Lt who'd completed parachute training as a Para Regt Tom was required to attend and pass AAPC selection before confirmation of his appointment to the Regiment. This was in 1970; he told us it was Regimental practice that any officer on RD had to pass AAPC regardless of their OR service.
Well that changed. Not that long ago only 2 of the Para Regt officers from RMAS had to do P Coy the others had either done Airborne Student (as was) or TA P Coy.

Yes. She will do the parachute course at some point. She's posted to the Airborne Artillery Regiment.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
I take it as a drop short she will be working as a FOO (or whatever they call them nowdays) up there with the forward Airborne Infantry companies calling in fire missions, after jumping in. Sounds pretty front line to me. Best of luck to her.

Dunno if anyone’s posted similar but is there a chance that the publicity surrounding this milestone- however inevitable- might well have put the mockers on several career options that this officer might have otherwise been drawn to?

Latest Threads