Female Muslim medics disobey hygiene rules

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by armchair_jihad, Feb 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In full

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;jsessionid=HBU5RMBZWRK25QFIQMFCFGGAVCBQYIV0?xml=/news/2008/02/03/nislam403.xml

2. There can be only one answer , immediate dismissal for malpractice . No compensation or discussion to be even considered .

3. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

yep same as when they refuse to treat sti's or prescribe birth control

4. Just a simple change in roles they are allowed to do............ or would that be too simple?

5. Next............

[​IMG]

6. I must be missing something here,I thought I knew just about every sexual fetish imaginable.....but a muslim womans forearm is a new one on me 8O
    Do muslim men go into a wanking frenzy at the sight of a hairy female arm?
    I thought they liked little boys bums.....clearly I need to get out more :roll:

7. Until very recently I worked in infection control in a large hospital serving a significant muslim population. The issue of muslim staff wearing long sleeves and using alcohol hand gel was not a problem as we spoke to the muslim clerics attached to the hospital (just as Christian priests are) who in turn spoke to their Mufti (equivalent to a bishop). His opinion was that there was no problem under islamic teaching with shorter sleeves to aid correct hand hygiene and no problem with alcohol hand gel as it is not absorbed into the body. The situation outlined in the Torygraph just requires a little communication and no one be dismissed.

8. Now western infidel, dont go defending them. Muslims are evil zionists out to get us!

9. Doh

10. Oh yes see the mistake, in my outrage i could not think of another word.

11. Storm in a teacup.

Someone who actually knows what the Koran is on about should breif them up, if they still feel they can't wash, fcuk 'em off.

This isn't religious persecution, MRSA doesn't recognise religion, so whilst in most cases a bit of give and take can be applied in this case it is a simple yes or no on whether or not they can have the job or not.

12. Not a problem, I refuse to be treated by muslim medics as my religion and culture does not allow me to be touched by those infected by islam.

Ain't islam grand :roll:

13. These people are often immigrants, and their ignorance of their own practices are down to their culture, not their religion. :cry:

14. er...."But the Islamic Medical Association insisted that covering all the body in public, except the face and hands, was a basic tenet of Islam.

"No practising Muslim woman - doctor, medical student, nurse or patient - should be forced to bare her arms below the elbow," it said."

15. Several things spring to mind. The Islamic Medical Asso seem to be a fly by night operation hatched by some bored doctor on his pentium 3 in his bedroom.

http://www.islamicmedicine.org/

Look at the website. The ISA UK does not even have a bloody website. All it has is a badly written word document which seems to indicate that this is an association of approx 4 people in walsall, one of which is 'unwell' and doesn't practise medicine anymore.

http://www.islamicmedicine.org/imaUK.doc

A look on the Charity Commission website confirms my suspicions.

I am not sure why the Daily Telegraph decided to run with a quote from this association of approx 4, as they clearly are not representative of anyone except themselves.

But that said, the solution to his problem is simple - investigate feasibility of elbow length gloves which will be avaialbe for all to use. In the mean time, those doctors who do not comply will have to be suspended with no pay.