Female MP Receives Silver Star

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by tomahawk6, Jun 17, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Give the woman credit she stuck in there which is great to see.
    Though I fear woman in combat for the propaganda angel of things.
    Wonder how much the US Government will milk this one.

Take care, 2CB
  2. About as much as they did with Jessica Lynch?
  3. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

Mmmmmmmmm, milking Jessica Lynch...
  4. I remember reading this too a wee while ago.

The way I read it was that she'd be getting a DSC (Brit equvalent would be the DSO or CGC) did some HQ penpusher downgrade the award or something? God knows she deserved it - no shades of Jessica Lynch here - reservist too! Hope they gave her the CIB she earned too.
  5. Brave woman who earned her award. Sickening that some sort of political interfearance seems to have got involved.
    Folks who wouldn't know or care what was required.
  6. Tom,

Will she get the CIB?

Well done her and everything , but I think the CIB would really be something special for her.
  7. Good story, top woman, nice to see something positive about the U.S. forces instead of the usual tabloid crap :eek:
  8. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Impressed the Spams got her gong to her promptly. If she had to wait for our Medal Office to spark the war in Iraq would be over!
  9. I thought they were injuries from flying glass. Guess I should put my spec's on.
  10. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

I say fair play to her.

Good on yer girl.
  11. She has shown excellent leadership skills and her example will encouraging to the rest of the route security troops. well done soldier.
  12. I read the story in the Torygraph today - a courageous, decisive and wholly professional employment of initiative, drills and tactics. Well done and a well earned Silver Star!
  13. Outstanding! Extremely brave young lady - a real soldier.