Female medic shoots Taliban fighter.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by vvaannmmaann, Dec 4, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Well done her.
    Fit with it to boot.

2. Wonder when the book comes out?

SK

3. I thought under the Geneva convention medics could only carry a weapon to fire in self defence ? I always took that to mean if they were treating a casualty and the enemy was closing with them. Has that changed now ?

4. You should have read the article all the way down:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Him or me, would indicate a high level of self defence!

• Like Like x 8
  6. No man can take away your inherent right to self defence, that is human race law...medic or not!

7. Yeah I should of done. Silly me! No surprise there then.

SK

8. I bet that she's not only been employed as a medic....check the 4th picture down.

• Like Like x 2
  9. This in itself is a big 'F**K YOU!' to the Taliban. Getting shot at, never mind killed by a woman must be one of the biggest things that riles them up!

• Like Like x 5
  10. Well done her, but I wonder if it had been a male medic would he get a book deal and newspaper article?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wow, soldier in Afghanistan kills Taliban fighter, hardly breaking news is it?

• Like Like x 2
  12. True... but she is female and it's a rarity. Plus the media are milking the fact that she is a Medic and is out there to save lives, not take them. But in this kill or be killed situation, she had no choice but to do the latter. Well done to her.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Possibly, those sad fucks will buy any old shite.

14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Now then a couple of points to note,
    1. you hadnt noticed that she actually wrote her own newspaper article?
    2. You really shouldnt read the Mail in paper or online its poor form!
    Apart from that I'd be surprised if anyone medic or Padre fighting against "uncivilised" enemies would go unarmed even if to protect their charges!