Female Kings Troop CO

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by General Melchett, Jan 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Just seen the article on the first female CO of King's Troop on the Intranet.

Fair play and all that, but the picture doesn't do her any justice.

Hair sticking out, hat not on straight, cap badge not straight, SD baggy..... and as for the one on the right.......

2. well, she has seen alot of active service - Cyprus, Boz, Kosovo, NI - not too sure of the last ribbon (QGJM?)

3. ..... Tie not correctly tied, Sam Brown not centred, (do Gunners still wear Sam browns?), Cane/Whip not parrallel to the ground, idle leather-work on nag's brow band,......

Surely more politically correct nonsense - thank God this shower don't do anything important!

4. At least she brought her date with her..

5. Arguably she is not the first female, merely the first biologically complete female?

6. Not political correctness at all as far as I can see. She has served in the Troop before which therefore puts her in an ideal position to return as CO and I guess there can't be too many others either qualified or who want to volunteer for the post.

I for one wish her the best of luck for her tour. With the 60th Birthday of the Troop this year and trying to find a new home after the lease for their current barracks runs out she will be busy.

7. Congratulations Mam. :party:

You just need to work on the kit a bit more, I wont tell anybody!

8. Seconded. But without the ma'am... :D

9. :oops:

10. She needs to fire some privs in the direction of her orderly.... or whoever it was that dressed her for this foto.

Did she borrow that kit from a bigger bloke?

11. Her orderly!! Do lazy officers still have them!!

Fair play to her though.

Always thought the Troop was full of fems till we paid them a visit on a leadership course came away with a new respect

However poilishing a gun for 2 years isnt my idea of soldiering!! lol

12. PLEASE stopt it! Her tailor & the RSM needs a good talking to before that!

13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Its the brown eyes and dark fringe that doit for me, not sure about the bloke in the uniform though!

14. The Sam Browne?

I know it was asked earlier, but why don't the King's Troop wear the cross belt?