Female engineers no2 uniform

Hello. I need a bit of help. I got my army cadet force commission in march and I'm trying to get my FAD sorted out. I was told by a serving corporal that female officers have black shoes and also they wear a normal green belt. Surely I should be wearing a sam browne. But I'm not sure if it should be black or brown and I'm not even sure my shoes should be black or brown. Please help been told so many things now I'm confused.

Oh jeez.

It is not called FAD. If you are an officer, it is Service Dress otherwise it is called Number 2 Dress.

Officers (in most Regiments and Corps) wear brown leather (shoes, belts and gloves).

However, if you are taking part in a Commissioning Parade, presumably you will march on as a 'ranker' and therefore be wearing your Corps' version of No2 Dress Ceremonial - at guess, black shoes and plastic belt (white/green?) and white gloves, if worn.

You've got until March - ask the person organising the parade!

Have you thought of using your CoC for advice?
After all as an army cadet force commissioned officer you must be able to use a phone/email?
Or if not pop along to your local Reserve Army Centre and the G4 Storekeeper might help you out.

Allow a SNCO to sort your admin for you. From Corps Memoranda, 'scuse formatting:

NO2 DRESS

Description

. No2 Dress is usually worn with No1 Dress hat but may be worn by officers and
WOs1 with the Service Dress Hat. Exceptionally may be worn with green or maroon berets by
those so entitled. Note that the Service Dress hat is not worn by officers when parading with or
accompanied by soldiers wearing No1 Dress hat. They are never worn when medals and leathers
are worn.

Ceremonial....

Female Officer:

No 1 Dress hat
Jacket Khaki
Lanyard blue braided silk
Shirt woman’s
Tie, khaki, silk braided
Skirt khaki
Shoes, brown (Gibson)
Authorised hosiery
Gloves, brown leather
Officers Belt, Sam Browne
Sword (leather scabbard)
Medals and Ribbons

Female OR:

No 1 Dress hat
Jacket Khaki
Lanyard blue braided
Shirt woman’s
Tie, khaki, issued
Skirt Khaki
Shoes, black
Authorised hosiery
Green belt with green painted buckles
Medals and Ribbons

Non Ceremonial

. ORs may wear No 2 Dress with cloth belt and beret for very informal occasions.

Last edited:
God help us!! If you can't sort your uniform out then blah blah blah................. you know where this is going.

Just wear whatever you want in any combination you want. Then when people pick up up for being incorrectly dressed, you can simply scream "I'm a volunteer", then stomp off in a cloud of self righteous indignation.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Hello. I need a bit of help. I got my army cadet force commission in march and I'm trying to get my FAD sorted out. I was told by a serving corporal that female officers have black shoes and also they wear a normal green belt. Surely I should be wearing a sam browne. But I'm not sure if it should be black or brown and I'm not even sure my shoes should be black or brown. Please help been told so many things now I'm confused.
First check if you are a female. He may have simply been making an observation.

Have you considered asking your district / area Cadet Executive Officer.............................I really cannot be bothered, civvies playing at soldiers, playing at officers.

Just wear whatever you want in any combination you want. Then when people pick up up for being incorrectly dressed, you can simply scream "I'm a volunteer", then stomp off in a cloud of self righteous indignation.

We're all volunteers, old fruit!

We're all volunteers, old fruit!
Ah, but some volunteers are more volunteer than others.

For example, my volunteering only allowed me to serve for 22 years. Unlike the fat female CFAV who blundered into camp last week, whose volunteering clearly entitled her to simultaneously sweat yet hum with delight as she emptied the contents of the Mess hot plate into her cavernous stomach.

She's clearly a much better class of volunteer you see.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Camm1 The Intelligence Cell 1
padzbratt Sappers 37
tafft Sappers 43