Female Dr Who - yes or no?

The Telegraph:

Doctor Who star Pearl Mackie: ‘The next Doctor should be non-binary’

“I would like to see both a female and a non-white doctor,” she says. “That’s the thing about Doctor Who, isn’t it? There’s so much room for change. The Doctor’s regenerations allow the show to move with the times. In fact, I think it would be great to have someone non-binary playing the part. The Doctor doesn’t really identify with human constraints at all. So I feel that could be a logical next step, wouldn’t it?”

TamH70

MIA
The Telegraph:

“I would like to see both a female and a non-white doctor,” she says. “That’s the thing about Doctor Who, isn’t it? There’s so much room for change. The Doctor’s regenerations allow the show to move with the times. In fact, I think it would be great to have someone non-binary playing the part. The Doctor doesn’t really identify with human constraints at all. So I feel that could be a logical next step, wouldn’t it?”

Frakk that, for my Faith is proof against Her Blandishments!

Time for a team from this mob to give her a visit:

Besides, didn't the dizzy bitch notice that there was both a female and non-white "Doctor" in the last series under Chinball's stewardship? And she was a fat fecker to boot, so there's a trifecta!

Besides, didn't the dizzy bitch notice that there was both a female and non-white "Doctor" in the last series under Chinball's stewardship? And she was a fat fecker to boot, so there's a trifecta!
True.. We've already plumbed the depths of that casting disaster (and hack writing) and now it's time to move on. How about a Cardassian who you never know is a good guy or not?

Cardassian and  Odo.JPG

The Telegraph:

Captain Jack Harkness was as non binary as you can get. Anything regardless of species would get it given half a chance.
Perhaps the late Kenny Everett ought to be given a call.

Last edited:
I’ve just tried to watch the latest (final?) episode of Dr Who with Ms Whittaker. They have clearly chucked the kitchen sink at this series - aliens and special effects galore.
The problem is, it’s an incoherent mess with the female Doctor overacting and hamming it up to such an extent it makes it unwatchable imho.
I lasted 15 mins before zapping it with my Sonic Screwdriver (TV remote).
What a shame.

Last edited:

Truxx

LE
I’ve just tried to watch the latest (final?) episode of Dr Who with Ms Whittaker. They have clearly chucked the kitchen sink at this series - aliens and special effects galore.
The problem is, it’s an incoherent mess with the female Doctor overacting and hamming it up to such an extent it makes it unwatchable imho.
What a shame.
Agreed.

This week, however I have been watching season 3 of Lost in Space on Netflix. Better than Dr Who by a country mile.

I commend it to the house

What a shame.
You’re not the only one. This guy is a big fan of Dr Who but not of the Whittaker/Chibnall era.

What a shame.
I stopped watching it and you've certainly not encouraged me to give it another go.... What irritate enough to make me stop was as a former soldier, the utter contempt the series seems to have for the military. They're are seen as throwaway baddies to be sacrificed at an appropriate moment to serve as human shields whilst Team Woke Diversity save the universe again.

What a shame.
Serves you fecking right.

Currently whizzing through series 2 of 'Startup' on Netflix.
Series 1 excellent. Series 2 starting to get a bit cyclic repeating the formula in different guises. Girl comes up with great idea as a Startup, blows it, then comes up with another idea, goes on self destruct and blows it.
Needs to up its game in season 3.

I stopped watching it and you've certainly not encouraged me to give it another go.... What irritate enough to make me stop was as a former soldier, the utter contempt the series seems to have for the military. They're are seen as throwaway baddies to be sacrificed at an appropriate moment to serve as human shields whilst Team Woke Diversity save the universe again.
And he's not even talking about the universe's most carelessly expendable cannon fodder, the Sontarans!

And he's not even talking about the universe's most carelessly expendable cannon fodder, the Sontarans!
The series has always being flaky, but yes I was talking about ostensibly our side. The antagonists are uniformly more interesting to the writers and its all about Team Woke Diversity, discovering what makes the other side tick and trying to understand them and only the human race who are fully behind the woke BBC are good people.

The sontarans are one of few alien races who the show doesn't express an interest in and for a society dedicated to war they're seem oddly hopeless and incoherent.

The series has always being flaky, but yes I was talking about ostensibly our side. The antagonists are uniformly more interesting to the writers and its all about Team Woke Diversity, discovering what makes the other side tick and trying to understand them and only the human race who are fully behind the woke BBC are good people.

The sontarans are one of few alien races who the show doesn't express an interest in and for a society dedicated to war they're seem oddly hopeless and incoherent.
Comically so.

I recon the new showrunner returning to the series Russel T Davies will do a Bobby Euwing, In the 80's American sit com (well it felt like one with the acting) Dallas, Bobby was killed and they brought him back by the whole thing being a dream. Maybe they can make the whole Jody era, simply disappear in the same way with the Doctor taking over, waking up, "I've just had a terrible dream"

Latest Threads