Female Dr Who - yes or no?

The MIL reckons that Jodie Whittaker is the second most popular doctor ever, obviously gleaned from the BBC.

I'd love to see the metric used to establish that little gem.
Probably voted for by those still watching it...

Who still preferred someone else.

Does she use a wheelchair?

The only unchecked box on the list.

Although the baddies use them:
davros-daleks-doctor-who.jpeg

Last edited:
The MIL reckons that Jodie Whittaker is the second most popular doctor ever, obviously gleaned from the BBC.

I'd love to see the metric used to establish that little gem.

"We can't say the most popular because people still remember David Tennant and there's no way they'll fall for that one. We'll say second most based on the handful of woke kids we polled, there's no way we can admit this latest incarnation has killed the show stone dead."

Perhaps they asked a cross section of Islington lesbians who their favourite Dr Who is

Probably voted for by those still watching it...

Who still preferred someone else.
Just read corbyn's last manifesto and leave out the preachy middle man

Russell T Davies is back.

Hopefully things will improve,

I'm not so sure. From the article:

In a statement, however, Davies said it would be "time-travelling too fast" to speculate on what will happen when he returns.

"There's a whole series of Jodie Whittaker's brilliant Doctor for me to enjoy, with my friend and hero Chris Chibnall at the helm," he continued. "I'm still a viewer for now."

If he thinks that what Whittaker and Chibnuts did to the series (i.e. killed it off) is OK, then he's just going to continue on with the same old woke shite. Flogging a dead horse comes to mind. I'll wait and see what happens.

I'm not so sure. From the article:

In a statement, however, Davies said it would be "time-travelling too fast" to speculate on what will happen when he returns.

"There's a whole series of Jodie Whittaker's brilliant Doctor for me to enjoy, with my friend and hero Chris Chibnall at the helm," he continued. "I'm still a viewer for now."

If he thinks that what Whittaker and Chibnuts did to the series (i.e. killed it off) is OK, then he's just going to continue on with the same old woke shite. Flogging a dead horse comes to mind. I'll wait and see what happens.
It's not like he can say, "I feel like the guy who went away on holiday and on returning home found out the kids had trashed the place."

I'm sure he's well aware Chibnall was a disaster and ratings are in free fall.

Similar thing with the BBC being aware of it though I'm not convinced anyone has learned any lessons from this. I expect yet more woke BS as it's the BBC.

Dr Who was a flagship programme. It's tricky to do a programme that can appeal to all the family. Dr Who managed it and was also the solution to "what do we stick on, on Christmas Day?"

Dr who was a dream of a franchise, a series where you can go to any time, place and tell any story with a global following of nerds. So the PC police trashed it and then moved on.

This aged well:

Doctor Who announces Writers and Directors for all new series

5 hours of take down:

So long it caused a storm of people upset it was five hours and who didn't watch it but were upset anyway, prompting this reaction video:

Or there's The Critical Drinkers take on The Timeless Children:

Will Davies be able to turn the show around and make it watchable again? I think it's a hard ask, especially as there's still another series of shitness to go before he takes over. He really needs to take on board what has destroyed the show and that is its preachy, woke, virtue-signalling, PC bollox agenda. He can't be unaware of what has killed it as it was a similar agenda, turning Torchwood into a gay love story, that killed that show off. He must surely know that he needs to turn it back into a family show with strong story lines that scared kids and had nice attractive female assistants to attract the dads (and other pervs) into watching the show.

Will Davies be able to turn the show around and make it watchable again? I think it's a hard ask, especially as there's still another series of shitness to go before he takes over. He really needs to take on board what has destroyed the show and that is its preachy, woke, virtue-signalling, PC bollox agenda. He can't be unaware of what has killed it as it was a similar agenda, turning Torchwood into a gay love story, that killed that show off. He must surely know that he needs to turn it back into a family show with strong story lines that scared kids and had nice attractive female assistants to attract the dads (and other pervs) into watching the show.
On the other hand - it's Aunty.

Sadly I give it no more than a 50/50 chance of working and I'm being generous.

On the other hand - it's Aunty.

Sadly I give it no more than a 50/50 chance of working and I'm being generous.

Even Aunty can't be ignorant of the panning it's received otherwise they wouldn't be bringing Davies back. It's a big money spinner for them and they may well just kill it off entirely.

And any chance of the next Dr being a white male again?
As far as the BBC is aware, white men don't exist in the UK anymore.

'Showrunner' as a job title seems to have appeared from nowhere, presumably the same place that 'actress' disappeared into. I'm sure they used to be called producers on this side of the Atlantic.
According to wikipedia the term has been around for some 20 years:
The first British comedy series to use the term was My Family (2000–11), which had several showrunners in succession.