Female Dr Who - yes or no?

The doctor is a funny one, because he/she hates the military, but funny how many episodes rely on him/her having the time to come up with clever solutions, through the death of said soldiers.

Also people are supposed to just accept a peace with an enemy who has slaughtered our fellow man. I find rather objectionable.

I’ve really tried with this series, but despite the media hype claiming it is wonderful, in my opinion it isn’t a patch on the early days of the reboot. Pretty gash in my humble opinion.

Tonight's episode was an improvement. At least it was sci-fi. Weak but sci-fi. The best of the series so far, not that that's saying much.

So far the programme has apologised for

Segregation in America and the slave trade,
The partition of India
Donald Trump
Environmental pollution
Zero hour contracts
and it looks like it will be apologising for the witch trials next week.

Only the holocaust, the last ice age and the sacking of Rome to still be blamed for.

I liked tonight's episode. I thought I detected a few off beat references to The Robots of Death - Wikipedia but as that was 41 years ago maybe I'm clutching at linking straws [though Louise Jameson as Leela still has a slot in the teenage 'W@nk Bank']
I haven’t watched this week’s offering yet but not sure I can now; that’s the only story that ever truly gave me the fear as a kid.

So far the programme has apologised for

Segregation in America and the slave trade,
The partition of India
Donald Trump
Environmental pollution
Zero hour contracts
and it looks like it will be apologising for the witch trials next week.

Only the holocaust, the last ice age and the sacking of Rome to still be blamed for.
And the old bloke will probably be forced to kill a Jew or two, since they seem to constantly forcing him go against his principles.

From the latest episodes, it's like they want the old white guy to be the scapegoat for everything that England has done throughout all of history.

Last edited:
I read an article in the guardian extolling its virtue, as teaching history to kids, which fits neatly into the common narrative of why the country is going down the toilet and the forcible extention of infantcy into adulthood. Why is it that every issue is explained from a one-sided perspective lacking in any complexity and a rational understanding of simply, why things are or were.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I'm quite sure in 20-30 years time current teenage boys will look back on Dr Who with fond memories (or mamories)

whittaker-venus-n-02.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HHH The Intelligence Cell 892
Camm1 The Intelligence Cell 1
Bras19 REME 44