Female Dr Who - yes or no?

didn't watch it last night, it's got a bit too political for me, however on BBC2 at the same time Chris Packam from the nature- watch series, was doing a documentary on the Tyranosaurus rex Dinosaur and how our knowledge and perception has changed about it over the years, now that was science and time travel. Awesome, and well worth a catch up if you get a chance.
I saw that, I'm just surprised the BBC dinosaurs don't have identity issues and look like this

...The people whinging are the people that whine about every single thing the BBC make. F*ck knows why they watch a channel they hate so much.
Really, would you like to make any other factually incorrect stereotypical sweeping statements?

or

please cite every single thing the BBC has made that we all complained about.

DVD?
Have you heard of the internet, EZTV and a PIA account?
I'm old school...I don't want shitloads of tech and accounts siphoning off my money every month. I just buy the ones I want to watch :)

Ah ok no spoiler as it wont have any context till it happens. But it will hit you when you see it.

Season 3 is on bluray on Nov 4th
November 4th 2019 according to Amazon....

Really, would you like to make any other factually incorrect stereotypical sweeping statements?
I can if you like. I'd put money on all of them matching at least a majority of;

Middle aged or older, white, joined the forces well before the 2000s (if they've served), used to vote Tory but now considering UKIP because Theresa May is a traitor, voted to leave the EU, have argued that they should be allowed to say n***er because Ice Cube can, believe that the 'gammon' insult is racist, regularly complain about snowflakes, read the Daily Mail or Express, joined Labour on that £3 deal to vote for Corbyn as leader, would like Johnson or Mogg as the next Tory leader, believe that Johnson or Mogg give the slightest of f*cks about anyone who doesn't own Sussex, have used World War 2 as an example in arguments about Brexit, get really angry about a black James Bond...

I can if you like. I'd put money on all of them matching at least a majority of;

Middle aged or older, white, joined the forces well before the 2000s (if they've served), used to vote Tory but now considering UKIP because Theresa May is a traitor, voted to leave the EU, have argued that they should be allowed to say n***er because Ice Cube can, believe that the 'gammon' insult is racist, regularly complain about snowflakes, read the Daily Mail or Express, joined Labour on that £3 deal to vote for Corbyn as leader, would like Johnson or Mogg as the next Tory leader, believe that Johnson or Mogg give the slightest of f*cks about anyone who doesn't own Sussex, have used World War 2 as an example in arguments about Brexit, get really angry about a black James Bond...
Guess that tells us more about you than it does 'the rest of us'.

Last edited:

I see that you went for the "factually incorrect stereotypical sweeping statements" option.

You would lose an awful lot of money, and have a very narrow minded view.

You missed out "Supports any team other than Liverpool".
It must hurt waking up wrong every morning.

Oi! I resemble that! You forgot our hatred of modern, left leaning, so-called comedians (Brand, Brand, Izzard, Ross for starters) and our increasingly desperate responses to the MILF thread! :smile:

It was the one where they rocked up on a planet that was like Chicago in the 1930's.

Edited to add, I just googled it the episode was The City on the Edge of Forever
Best Classic start trek episode in my opinion, She, who was to play "the Bitch" was a prim and proper 1930's snowflake about to become big on the political stage, she would keep America out of Big Two long enough for Hitler to develop the Nuke and hold the world at bay. thus, no Federation, no Academy and no USS Enterprise.
a bleak future for Spok having to spend the rest of his life in 1930's USA covering his ears with a bobble hat. The Bitch had to Die, Kirk had already fallen for her and at the end he just says "lets just get out of here" no silly upbeat music.

Middle aged or older, white, joined the forces well before the 2000s (if they've served), used to vote Tory but now considering UKIP because Theresa May is a traitor, voted to leave the EU, have argued that they should be allowed to say n***er because Ice Cube can, believe that the 'gammon' insult is racist, regularly complain about snowflakes, read the Daily Mail or Express, joined labour on that £3 deal to vote for Corbyn as leader, would like Johnson or Mogg as the next Tory leader, believe that Johnson or Mogg give the slightest of f*cks about anyone who doesn't own Sussex, have used World War 2 as an example in arguments about Brexit, get really angry about a black James Bond...
Being middle-aged and white isn't a career choice. It's what I am. It didn't use to be a problem for someone to be middle-aged and white. Now, we're seen as neo-fascists whose complaints about Dr Who shoving the history of the American South down our throats, disguised as 'Sci Fi', are akin to us being harbingers of the next holocaust.
Dr Who has in the past been based on history, but the 1960s ancient Rome-based episodes, for example, were not a sophisticated allegory about labour relations in post-War Britain (now I've mentioned the bloody War, too!!) but were just a good story.
It would be nice to have some real escapism. Kids do the Rosa Parkes stuff at school; it doesn't need to be in Dr Who. Nor does the partition of British India. It should be the Tardis materialising in a quarry somewhere, fighting aliens, helping other aliens, being helped by a mysterious army unit oddly comprised of just three men.
Just saying.

Last edited:
It should also have monsters. Lots of monsters. Monsters that scare the shit out of the kids. Kids like being scared of monsters, that why they remember Dr Who when they grow up.

Being middle-aged and white isn't a career choice. It's what I am. It didn't use to be a problem for someone to be middle-aged and white. Now, we're seen as neo-fascists whose complaints about Dr Who shoving the history of the American South down our throats, disguised as 'Sci Fi', are akin to us being harbingers of the next holocaust.
Dr Who has in the past been based on history, but the 1960s ancient Rome-based episodes, for example, were not a sophisticated allegory about Labour relations in post-War Britain (now I've mentioned the bloody War, too!!) but were just a good story.
It would be nice to have some real escapism. Kids do the Rosa Parkes stuff at school; it doesn't need to be in Dr Who. Nor does the partition of British India. It should be the Tardis materialising in a quarry somewhere, fighting aliens, helping other aliens, being helped by a mysterious army unit oddly comprised of just three men.
Just saying.
Agree entirely.
The BBC have never had to worry about viewing figures going through the floor. Their political virtue is far more important.

I originally liked the episode, however, now that I know the angst it has caused some of the pissedstained old c*nts on here, I f*cking loved it ^~

It should also have monsters. Lots of monsters. Monsters that scare the shit out of the kids. Kids like being scared of monsters, that why they remember Dr Who when they grow up.
Monsters?
I think you'll find they've catered for that, monsters are white men in suits or just nasty white men.

I originally liked the episode, however, now that I know the angst it has caused some of the pissedstained old c*nts on here, I f*cking loved it ^~
Says a man in the prime of his early years - how old are you again and how’s your own skid marks?! :-D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HHH The Intelligence Cell 892
Camm1 The Intelligence Cell 1
Bras19 REME 44