Female Dr Who - yes or no?

I'm fed up with the young black lad (still don't know his name). He is so flat, so monotone and boring.

Bradley Walsh is the only decent one!

It was really good until the last 3 minutes. All the changes made to Tristrum were because of sientific reasoning and research.
But the bit about the lions mane was because he thought it should have one because Lions have them. It looked shite and didn’t seem to be for any reason other than it was his idea.
yes it was good up to the lions mane bit, I don't like the human with cg Dinos, even if , like that show it was only a few seconds, portraying Chris's imagination. I found the digs in Canada and science museum stuff fascinating.
The calculations worked out by using the attachments points on the fossil skull and comparison to a present day Alligator was interesting, especially when the conclusion was drawn of T rex bite power, in Tons!

I like the new Doctor and liked the latest Dr Who episode it's not as if this is the first time there has been a real historical figure in an episode. I find that rather than concentrate on looking for subtext, political messages or something else to offend me and just watch the show for the entertainment it is I don't end up pacing up and down with steam coming out of my ears.

Agreed - I changed channels after the Dr Who intro and was pleasantly surprised to catch this documentary on BBC2. I know Packham is marmite to many, but I really like him and there is no denying the passion he brings to this type of programme. Add in a shitload of experts, lots of stunning scenery from around the world (it must have had a hell of a travel budget!), computer wizardry and you have the recipe for a very entertaining hour. As an added bonus, there was nobody trying too hard with a Sheffield accent!
looks like every picture of a T rex from Childhood was wrong, even the one on the Airfix box! Standing upright.

I like the new Doctor and liked the latest Dr Who episode it's not as if this is the first time there has been a real historical figure in an episode. I find that rather than concentrate on looking for subtext, political messages or something else to offend me and just watch the show for the entertainment it is I don't end up pacing up and down with steam coming out of my ears.
Jesus!
You don't see the bigger picture?
White man bad?
Thee biggest offending factor is that we pay for this shite as a legally enforced tax.

Dr Who was always supposed to be about educating children about history as well as the sci fi element. You only have to look at the first episodes made to see the proof.

The first episode ever made he goes back to the Palaeolithic era. In the first series he also travels to 13th Century China and meets Marco Polo, 15th Century Aztec Mexico and 18th Century France during the Revolution. In the second series they go to ancient Rome, the Third Crusade and 1066.

The people whinging are the people that whine about every single thing the BBC make. F*ck knows why they watch a channel they hate so much.

The people whinging are the people that whine about every single thing the BBC make. F*ck knows why they watch a channel they hate so much.

Well seeing as they are forced to pay a tax for the fvcking shit BBC channels in order to watch other channels live (that in many cases they also pay for), they have every right to critisize, winge and moan as much as they want about the dogsh1t BBC content.

Currently the only good thing about the BBC is that it is significantly less crappy than all the other channels for news and current affairs.*

*Talking pictures TV is better for films

I felt the same about Star Trek: The next Generation. Always poor when it strayed into Politics/oppressed races/racism/earth themes.
Stick to distant Planets and aliens/monsters - that’s your genre, not weekend politics! :x

Star Trek was always about humanism.

Dr Who last night was also a good show.

I think a weekly shag was in his contract and it wasn't always green skinned aliens in one episode it was it was Joan Collins so not exactly going where no man had gone before.
Which episode?
I particularly enjoyed "The Bitch" and "The Stud" as a hormonal teenager.

Well seeing as they are forced to pay a tax for the fvcking shit BBC channels in order to watch other channels live (that in many cases they also pay for), they have every right to critisize, winge and moan as much as they want about the dogsh1t BBC content.
I totally agree, as a licence payer how dare they waste my hard earned money on programs I don't like.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HHH The Intelligence Cell 892
Camm1 The Intelligence Cell 1
Bras19 REME 44