Female Dr Who - yes or no?

My nerdy Nephew (and his equally nerdy wife) are Whovians. Even had a Dr Who themed wedding which, thankfully, we were unable to attent thanks to a subsequent engagement.
Free of charge! :-D

Re. credibility, it lost that when the Dr didn't hit on Clara.
Re. the Rosa episode, I would like some escapism - Dr Who used to land on distant planets, or travel in time further than 60 years. I would like to enjoy it without politics.
I felt the same about Star Trek: The next Generation. Always poor when it strayed into Politics/oppressed races/racism/earth themes.
Stick to distant Planets and aliens/monsters - that’s your genre, not weekend politics! :x

I thought that in last night's episode she came across as very Christopher Eccleston, all northern and amazed!

Wonder what cause they will find themselves in next week.

:D

Mr Happy

LE
Funnily enough I thought that the lady who played Rosa Parks was excellent, and had the BBC decided to produce and broadcast a small drama series on that very person and the events that unfolded, then I would have watched it with great interest.

To shoehorn it into Dr Who somehow cheapened the whole thing.
I believe the problem for the Beeb on doing a nice Rosa Parks story is that it wasn't that she sat on the bus one day and decided, screw the rules, I'm bleeding out of my you know what, I'm gonna sit right here. Rather it was an organised set piece by the liberals to do so. Still iron balls and respect to her and them. But when it was a planned op, it loses some of its Grass Roots fantasy.

Happy to be proved wrong.

Regardless of the crappy PC right-on-message Dr Who plot, may I be the first to say"I would"?

I thought that in last night's episode she came across as very Christopher Eccleston, all northern and amazed!

Wonder what cause they will find themselves in next week.
Next week it's Sheffield Spiders then it looks like a classic 'stuck somewhere and have to co-operate with people who don't get on' episode (I'm sure it'll be all about sexism)
then we have;
Episode six, called Demons of the Punjab, follows the Doctor and company as they travel back to the Partition of India in 1947, attempting to track down Yaz’s grandmother but coming across “demons haunting the land” instead. The story is written by Vinay Patel and guest stars Shane Zaza, Amita Suman and Hamza Jeetooa.
and then there is;

an episode by playwright Joy Wilkinson, which she has revealed is called The Witch Finders, will guest star Alan Cumming as King James I of England.
I can see how that's going to get played out as well

Next week it's Sheffield Spiders then it looks like a classic 'stuck somewhere and have to co-operate with people who don't get on' episode (I'm sure it'll be all about sexism)
then we have;

and then there is;

They will be avoiding any mention of Dr Who going to Rotherham then...............

I can see the headline in 30 years (or maybe Dr Who can bring back a copy of the Daily Wail from 2048 )

18 Darleks convicted of sexual abuse of vulnerable 12–15 year old girls in Rotherham. Problem now a global phenomena. Trafficking spread as far as Pluto after Darlek taxi found ferrying 12 year old girl who’d be sold for sex to a group of Darleks working on curry houses.

Or maybe not

Whats this Altered Carbon thing on netflix then?
It is brilliant, dark, gruesome and in places quite funny. It also raises serious questions regarding possible technology of the future and how the human race will have to massively change in order to accept it. It is not for kids though as there is a fair bit of nudity and the violence strays beyond what is considered 'Ultra'.

There is also a show called The Expanse on Netflix, and although I am a massive fan of the original Star Wars + RO, I believe that The Expanse is the best sci fi ever made. It is very believable, well written and acted.

Watching either Altered Carbon or The Expanse will make you wonder why the BBC bothers. Oh and Consider Phlebus is coming to Amazon, cannot wait.

Interesting comment. The Doctor in recent times has commented on just how dangerous a Time lord can be, and yet they never use weapons (directly) to threaten the opposition. So I will just leave you with this:

View attachment 358494
And if that's what she did, a bit of a knowing grin, I suspect it would look a lot more menacing. As observed elsewhere she seems to be challenging her inner Ecclestone and I'm not sure it's working with thlines she's being made to utter.

then we have;

and then there is;

Assuming you're not just bullshitting please don't do this again [or at least put something like SPOILER ALERT at the top of the post]. I get quite cheesed off enough with the BBC trailers without people on here telling me the plot. I know I'm a sad old fart but part of the fun is finding out what's going on.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HHH The Intelligence Cell 892
Camm1 The Intelligence Cell 1
Bras19 REME 44