Female Dr Who - yes or no?

Thankfully my kids appear to have grown out of Dr Who, or at least after two episodes have grown out of this doctor. I have no great issue with the Doc going splitarse; I do however have problem with (a) the mugging, overly -perky-and-northern actress who's taken on the role, and (b) the painfully right-on script.

Pity.

I also feel they should be allowed to be covered over in public and that we should respect the fact that as a species, they make the decision to be shourouded in a metal veil that covers their bodies and protects them from unwanted gazes from bystanders from other planets, species, or religions.

Darleks have been discriminated against and it’s time the BBC started to get them accepted and integrated in society
Monsters and Aliens - Characters - The Doctor Who Site

take a look at some of those and tell me that they are not already integrated into UK society? So why not Daleks?

Thankfully my kids appear to have grown out of Dr Who, or at least after two episodes have grown out of this doctor. I have no great issue with the Doc going splitarse; I do however have problem with (a) the mugging, overly -perky-and-northern actress who's taken on the role, and (b) the painfully right-on script.

Pity.
It is a bit like, Dr Who, time travelling Social Worker

Our CFO is from Menoptera. The company I work for is actively pursuing a diversity strategy.

The new Dr Who would be so proud

Pride is a sin, wicked child

D47EB857-9215-41D9-A567-6CC6C14E4C01.jpeg

I’ve been a life time fan of Dr Who and used to enjoy watching it when our kids were young. I even enjoyed the reboot in 2005 - some of the ‘new’ monsters were and are truly ‘behind the sofa’ scary - see weeping angels for a start.
But this current effort (and certainly the Capaldi version) is a travesty of a children’s sci-fi show, stuffed to bursting with virtue signalling and right on agendas.
So far, I’ve managed no more than 10 minutes of each episode before changing channels. I know it’s sad to say as someone who has just turned 64, but I just don’t get it anymore.
It’s thirteen and unlucky for me - I’m out!

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Radio Five spent most of the breakfast slot saying how wonderful Dr Who was last night and how all the ratings were sky high and growing. There seems to be quite a propaganda effort going on.

View attachment 358497
I’ve been a life time fan of Dr Who and used to enjoy watching it when our kids were young. I even enjoyed the reboot in 2005 - some of the ‘new’ monsters were and are truly ‘behind the sofa’ scary - see weeping angels for a start.
But this current effort (and certainly the Capaldi version) is a travesty of a children’s sci-fi show, stuffed to bursting with virtue signalling and right on agendas.
So far, I’ve managed no more than 10 minutes of each episode before changing channels. I know it’s sad to say as someone who has just turned 64, but I just don’t get it anymore.
It’s thirteen and unlucky for me - I’m out!
The episode we first saw those was called 'Blink'.

I got quite fed up with last night's episode, It's supposed to be a sci-fi programme about fighting aliens etc, not a documentary on how bad racism and segregation was in the Southern States of the USA.

Snowflake and PC mad!

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
After watching episodes 1 + 2 and thinking "what utter shite", I thought I'd give it another chance. It was shittier than shit slipping down a shit slope into a pile of shit! Some gormless tart with an annoying accent, speaking in breathless, staccato sound bites and trying too hard to be quirky, is not my idea of entertainment. It is dire, it is pathetic, it is shite.

Mr Happy

LE
She just isn't the Doctor! When she confronts the villain (as she has in each episode) I just don't feel the threat she's meant to convey, as I've said before the gravitas isn't there and hindered by the men bad theme that the BBC is forcing down our necks in general.

I don't care they made him a woman, I can even get past the Yorkshire thing, but not the 'leave it Barry he's not worth it' character we have. I mean its not as though you cant think of any strong female 'Yorkshiremen' characters on TV is it?
I blame Capaldi's character for being all wet in front of evil. Clearly she has to base her character off the last interation, so its that. When there were two-joint winners in ep1 it was a bit "oh, we're gonna compromise the **** out of everything now then are we?" which is the female way, we need more a Trump character - I wonder if he is free? Soon I expect.

Secondly, the strong regional accent doesn't fit with a "time travelling alien" very well. There needs to be a bit of reality..

Thirdly, I thought, ever since Tennant, that the earth knew about Aliens. Or am I missing the alternative time line?

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
No. I got maybe halfway through last night's episode and just walked out. Washing up was more entertaining, and that's saying something. Last one out, switch the light off.

Funnily enough I thought that the lady who played Rosa Parks was excellent, and had the BBC decided to produce and broadcast a small drama series on that very person and the events that unfolded, then I would have watched it with great interest.

To shoehorn it into Dr Who somehow cheapened the whole thing.

After watching episodes 1 + 2 and thinking "what utter shite", I thought I'd give it another chance. It was shittier than shit slipping down a shit slope into a pile of shit! Some gormless tart with an annoying accent, speaking in breathless, staccato sound bites and trying too hard to be quirky, is not my idea of entertainment. It is dire, it is pathetic, it is shite.
Get off the fence and speak your mind man!

Funnily enough I thought that the lady who played Rosa Parks was excellent, and had the BBC decided to produce and broadcast a small drama series on that very person and the events that unfolded, then I would have watched it with great interest.

To shoehorn it into Dr Who somehow cheapened the whole thing.
Agreed.

My nerdy Nephew (and his equally nerdy wife) are Whovians. Even had a Dr Who themed wedding which, sadly, we were unable to attent thanks to a subsequent engagement. They go to Dr Who conventions

I cannot be in the same room as them for more than 30 seconds. Mrs B can go maybe two minutes. No.1 son thinks he is a sad pompous prick. No. 2 son just told him that he was a ****. Our dogs bark at them.

Mrs B's sister, despite being his mother, was not sad to see them move 200 miles away because their sole interest and topic of conversation is Dr Who.

But apparently even they were.....less than enthused with first episodes. One on Saturday was so OTT in terms of blatent PC shit he had a wobble, screamed at TV and claimed his life was ruined.

Radio Five spent most of the breakfast slot saying how wonderful Dr Who was last night and how all the ratings were sky high and growing. There seems to be quite a propaganda effort going on.
There is bound to be, the BBC fvcked up Top Gear with it’s PC shite, it cannot be seen to ruin it’s remaining flag ship show.

Re. credibility, it lost that when the Dr didn't hit on Clara.
Re. the Rosa episode, I would like some escapism - Dr Who used to land on distant planets, or travel in time further than 60 years. (Edit, as I have now checked, but I recall a series of episodes set in ancient Rome, for example). I would like to enjoy it without politics.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HHH The Intelligence Cell 892
Camm1 The Intelligence Cell 1
Bras19 REME 44