Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by msr, Jan 30, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

Outwith the OTC/OTR, has anyone got one? Has anyone ever been posted one?

2. Not being dressed in brown and green I can't say.

But I salute you sir for the use of 'outwith', a useful but woefully underused word
  3. Previous CO of Scottish Transport Regt
    PSAO in 71 Engineer Regt
  4. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I had, for many years. Right from when i got married until my divorce! ^~
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Try MI, in my time I saw all of the above save PSAOs. Plus female RSMs to boot. Not that this was anything but a reflection of what happened in the Regs, of course.
  6. Hospitals would be a prime candidate.
  7. Ive served with female COs, OCs and RSMs, regular rather than TA....why the question?
  8. I had two female COs and a female RSM in the regs
  9. I currently have a female CO - My regiment consists of 1 Regular Coy (Mine), 2 TA Coy.
  10. I had a female Tp SSgt (I was her Tp Comd) and a female SSM in first Sig Sqn - the OC Sqn was female too as was the Adjt; subsequently I had a female OC of an Independent Sqn where I was Sqn 2IC (she was, quite simply, the best Officer that I have ever had the privilege to serve alongside) and after that I had a female CO when I was an OC Sqn (another Sqn Comd was female too). Also, my SPSI was a female (tragically, now deceased). But I am R Signals and women are fully integrated in pretty well all aspects of what the Corps do, with the exceptions of parts of 216 Sig Sqn and parts of 18 (SF) Sig Regt.
  11. My current CO and RSM are women. And I think they are both excellent.
  12. Not news - first female CO was in 37 Sigs in the late 1980s.
  13. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Monty Python Walt!!!
  14. My last unit now has a female Regular army CO (whenever she can be arrsed to be there) and at least one female PSI.