Female Clerk Of Works

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by A_Knocker_Till_The_End, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. having seen the loading list for the next CoW(m) i noticed that there is a doris on the next course. (armynet-promotion boards-RE)

i actually have served with said doris in the province i have to say that she was far superior to some of the sprogs that they sent us straight from the factory (she transferred from the rlc)

my question is - is/will she be the first doris CoW should she pass & will she be headline news if/when she does pass :?: :?:

i personally wish her well, i told her whilst she was in my troop/section that she should go for it should the opportunity arise.

how about the rest of you :?:
  2. Good for her - hope she makes the grade.
  3. A female queue jumper! I wonder if she too has chosen this route in an effort to out flank the real soldiers who wish to get promoted on soldierly merit alone. Food for thought!
  4. Another one who didn't make the grade ;)
  5. seriously I hope she passes because all the other clerk of works moan like women anyway so what difference would one more make!!
  6. Did she transfer from the RLC? I knew someone who was ex-agc when I was serving, who was that way inclined (and she was a draughtsman).
  7. Guys - dont knock it till you've tried it!!
  8. It's always been the end product that has worried me. The prospect of turning into that jumped up tw@t, full of his (or her) own importance and possessing no man management skills. Still, they definately have a part to play, its just a shame that they have to go through life with an inferiority complex and most end up being complete geeks. Pointy headed nobbers!
  9. solid_shot

she may as you so eloquently put it turn into a "queue jumper" but she was a good soldier(ess).

i totally agree that there are a lot of c.o.w. that are "jumped up tw@t, full of his (or her) own importance and possessing no man management skills" howver there are quite a few decent ones as well, wait a minute i soundS like i'm defending them, ahh bollox to that.

let rip fellas. :twisted: :twisted:
  10. Weapons Free on the over-promoted JNCO's then?
  11. Applying your logic, junior officers are also "queue jumpers" - whether direct entrants or selected from the ranks. Perhaps all 2Lts should go through the whole scale via RSM?
  12. So you are saying that everybody who gets promoted through the normal selection boards are awesome? How many people can say they have never had a complete nob as a boss or they have never been p155ed around because their boss was to scared to knock them off etc? Every trade and rank has some really good guys who are top notch, the majority are ok and there are a few who aren't that good. Unless you are armoured, a driver, a res spec or signaller you can apply for c of w training. If you don't want to do it thats up to you but why slate guys who want to follow that path?
  13. Not sure that an EOD traded bloke would make a particularly effective CoW either. Not an MPF by any chance are you, Plant_life?
  14. That's the bonest comment I have read for a long time. There is no logic to my comment, just traditional Corps banter. Making disparaging comments about CoW is an intrinsic part of sapper humour. A bit like saying all Planties are fat and all Tankies eat pies. Go on, try it. Live a little......you may actually enjoy it.
  15. Good on her, if she has the apptitude to do the course then crack on, plus it will just give the blokes something else to moan about instead of the usual ' she only got promoted because she has lumps under her jumper' etc, now they can use the queue jumper line, you never know she may turn out to be a brilliant CoW and SNCO and then again she might not, only time will tell, if she does well then all her doubters will have to climb back in their box if she doesn't they will be able to stand on it and shout at the top of their voices that she is Sh1t.

I will now go and take my medicine as i can't believe i am defending a bird who wants to be a CoW.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.