Female British Newsreader Wearing Muslim Headscarf

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by balloonhead29, Oct 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just got in from work earlier and Thames Valley News was on the TV. A female, white, British reporter was at a Mosque doing a report on the festival of Ramadan, no problem there except she was wearing a Muslim headscarf :roll:

I'm all for showing respect and courtesy to other religions (so long as they do as is done to them and treat other religions in the same way). Britain is a christian country so why should our newsreaders have to adopt other countries/religion's customs when going about their business at home in Britain :? :roll: Granted, if our reporters are in a Muslim country then, yes, pay repect by covering up but NOT on home soil!! :x

I'm sick to death of all the pandering our media does to this faith, when all we get in return is hostility and violence :x
  2. I don't believe you, I think your a liar.
  3. What are you talking about you pillock?

1. Britain is not a Christian country. It has an established, majority faith but that doesn't give them the right to try and propogate their delusions to the detriment of all others.

2. It is quite possible to be British, white and Muslim.

3. When would be more appropriate to where a headscarf, than when reporting from a mosque?

In short, you're a racist, Christian bigot.
  4. Newsflash: brown-skinned bloke wears suit to British job interview.

It's about courtesy and appropriateness. She was in a mosque, so she dressed as women do in mosques. I bet she took her shoes off and washed her feet as well, something I wish more of our lot would do on a regular basis.

And yeah, you're a liar.
  5. How do you know the newsreader isn't a muslim?
  6. Sorry,but do you realise how stupid that makes you sound?? So your saying we should show NO respect if we are in our own Country, but we should when abroad.
  7. I'd expect people to be respectful and to uncover their heads when they enter my Church; in the same way, it's only right to take off your shoes and cover your head when you enter a Mosque. Total non-story.
  8. When in Rome.
  9. What wrong with some white bird wearing one of those head scarf's .It's when they cover their face its the problem .

The u.k. is multifaith lets all try and get on with out any other problem's happening
  10. Before ranting at the poster, be aware that he started on a "bloody immegrant blah blah blah" type rant when frenchperson posted an article on a moth invading this country.

He aint bright
  11. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

He doesn't. He simply jumped at the chance to start yet another 'all muslims are bad' type rant. A buffoon then.

I am quite concerned for him though, he could have hurt his knee it jerked that hard.
  12. Maybe it was a fashion statement!
  13. Can't see the problem, Nora Batty wearing a head scarf isn't a problem, why some bint in a mosque at Ramadam/Eid?
  14. Totally in agreement with you. However i think what the Neanderthal Man was trying to force out was do you think the majority of the Islamic faith would show the same courtesy in a church.

I hate to say it but the way things are going these days not only do i think they wouldn't (As the teachings of their faith would put priority on Muslim practice) I also think they wouldn't be expected to by the two tier PC brigade we have in this country at the moment.

Most (Non extremist) muslims are very accepting of other religions including christianity however this i think you may find by reading up on the subject (Islam: A Very Short Introduction, is a good choice) would probably all end in tears at your local church!
  15. Balloonhead, I think Harry Enfield had the measure of people like you with his characters "The self-righteous brothers"

Some people are just itching to be offended.