Fell @ 1st hurdle :(

Hello,

I'm a healthy 25yr old who applied to join the TA 8 weeks ago (Royal Anglian), had the interview, then medical/BARB test, and have been hitting the gym/road every 2nd day so I'm ready for RSD.

Anyway; today was the day and I had it in mind to be there for 8:30... ... WRONG!! I was to report to my local TA centre @ 6:30 for transport to the RSD site!!

So what I would like to know is: is there any recourse for such a failure? Or, because I've already proved myself as a useless tosser; should I just forget the whole thing and join the Community Police instead?

Thanks for your response.

Hello,

I'm a healthy 25yr old who applied to join the TA 8 weeks ago (Royal Anglian), had the interview, then medical/BARB test, and have been hitting the gym/road every 2nd day so I'm ready for RSD.

Anyway; today was the day and I had it in mind to be there for 8:30... ... WRONG!! I was to report to my local TA centre @ 6:30 for transport to the RSD site!!

So what I would like to know is: is there any recourse for such a failure? Or, because I've already proved myself as a useless tosser; should I just forget the whole thing and join the Community Police instead?

Thanks for your response.
Apologise and mean it and apply again, I'm sure you're not the first.

RSD 13th August :D :D
Got the right time this time ;)

PS: I just learned what STAB means, that last guy (now deleted) was a real jerk!

Don't sweat it get in contact, state your misunderstanding, Don't grovel but show you are determined to square away a bad start.

No one will think much about it

I'm in :D :D

Stats for the day
1.5mile run - 11:37
Static lift - 45kg
Pull ups - 10

So not bad, not great.
Thank you for your help & advice.
Can't wait to earn my beret and go on Ops :D

I'm in :D :D

Stats for the day
1.5mile run - 11:37
Static lift - 45kg
Pull ups - 10

So not bad, not great.
Thank you for your help & advice.
Can't wait to earn my beret and go on Ops :D
Chuffed it worked out for you after your mishap, however you need to work on that run time.

Such a nice bloke SM.

You make me feel guilty for being such a cynic...

Well done Lank. It's the first of many hurdles mind.

Keep it up, it's worth it in the end.
I'm an absolute twat to be honest, a twat with a heart.

This place has been turning into a bit of a free-for-all recently and it's kind of detracting from the good the site does and probably putting people off asking question. (even if they are bone)

I'm an absolute twat to be honest, a twat with a heart.

This place has been turning into a bit of a free-for-all recently and it's kind of detracting from the good the site does and probably putting people off asking question. (even if they are bone)
As long as there a straight answers and people that try to help then the balance works.

Didn't we all ask bone questions and get bons retorts? Isn't that how the unique humour and esprit de corps is learned? As long as it not genuinely malicious then it can't be bad, can it?