Feeling a cold (man flu) coming on!

Hard into the fitness regime and I can feel a cold coming on.
What are your best remedies for keeping that cough and runny nose at bay?

garlic, red wine and echinacea

Essential tips for man colds found HERE

Sleep. Make sure you get 8+ hours and make sure your diet is full of decent vegetables. Personally, I swear by wheatgrass too, as an all-year round thing.

A lot of people swear by ecanacia, cycled, but never used it myself so cannot comment.

Poppy said:
What Poppy said.

Plus loads of ginger. No, not a night out with Gerri Halliwell, or Chris Evans (if that way inclined), I mean the root. Go to one of them yuppie juice bars and get something like an orange, apple and carrot juice and ask them to put enough ginger in it to make a grown man cry. Then get it down your Gregory.

Heartbreaklane said:
Poppy said:
What Poppy said.

Plus loads of ginger. No, not a night out with Gerri Halliwell, or Chris Evans (if that way inclined), I mean the root. Go to one of them yuppie juice bars and get something like an orange, apple and carrot juice and ask them to put enough ginger in it to make a grown man cry. Then get it down your Gregory.
I tried lemon and ginger herbal tea the other day - disgusting stuff but the ginger did seem to help

Poppy said:
Heartbreaklane said:
Poppy said:
What Poppy said.

I tried lemon and ginger herbal tea the other day - disgusting stuff but the ginger did seem to help
Was it a tea bag? You wan't raw ginger in tea or juice, works much better.

agreed on Echinacea....my entire department have had flu,and both parents but i've not caught it!!! Its the drugs!! Tesco sell them 60 tablets for £1.55

Guiness and hot toddies. If you do get man-flu, you'll be able to blame the headache and shivering on the huge amounts of alcohol you drank....

Get a sweat on...sauna or head over bowl of boling water with a towel (careful!!), keep the fluids up and plenty of vit C. I agree on the Echinacea and also Zinc. All stuffy and blocked up then the old Vicks vapour rub is good and boiling akettle a few times in the room before you sleep gives the air some moisture, helps you breathe and helps an annoying cough...as does a wet towel drying on a radiator. Old school tips!

Depending on the severity:

1) Hot toddy for light sniffle.

2) Slice peeled root ginger into matchstick sized strips, add boiling water, honey and a slice of lemon.

3) Hot bath, as hot as you can stand, sit in it for as long as you can, then 2).

For all, drink plenty of fluids and get plenty of sleep.

If you feel foul, it's probably bird flu

lmao matty

I believe the cure for man flu is to get a grip and get on with it!!!! it's worked for women for years

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Health and Fitness 4
W The NAAFI Bar 30
P The NAAFI Bar 9