• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Feeding the Para's a Walt

ChinookUK / MiLCOMbritmod wrote

When I was in I was constantly in trouble with various SSM's and RSM's for wearing my Maroon beret in a corps which the beret is black. Fortunatly despite a few "252's" my CO was ex-Para and was firmly on my side, and later on my CO was an RAF officer and everyone knows the RAF Dress sense any Way

It took a long while until it was clarified that any one who was entitled to wear maroon was to be allowed to wear the beret no matter which current unit they served in, until they lose jump pay by virtue of not having the opportunity to make the requsite number of military jumps.

I was fortunate in serving in a joint RAF/Army unit and managed to wangle jumps with the RAF Regt to keep qualified, and consequently proudly wore maroon with an RCT cap badge until my medical discharge
A reliable informant tells me this guy never did a jumps course or did P company.

Thought you chaps might like to play with him

Minister_doh_nut said:

consequently proudly wore maroon with an RCT cap badge until my medical discharge
psychy discharge perhaps for being a loon?
probably still wears his beret down his local telling tales of freefalling into portstanley back in '82.

TURP said:
Minister_doh_nut said:

consequently proudly wore maroon with an RCT cap badge until my medical discharge
psychy discharge perhaps for being a loon?
probably still wears his beret down his local telling tales of freefalling into portstanley back in '82.
didnt use a parachute though..thats why he got med discharge? :D

I used to be an Admiral in Swiss Navy's U-Boat Fleet. I used to wear a lime green uniform and a mauve beret with burgundy hunter wellies. Not forgetting the Blue and Yellow polka dot cravat of course.

Or was that when I was Colonel in Chief of the 201st Mickey Mouses Own Not-so Light Infantry?

Why do you reckon these guys bother? Isn't it enough to be able to say you were in - no matter what you were in, whether it be Para, Sigs, RAC, RLC whatever? And be proud of that?
8O

I've been over to his site a couple of times and can't find him anywhere 8O he ran for cover after being spotted by several bods from here..........he may still be hiding.

Why not visit his site www.trucknet.com and asked him to verify his position and to defend himself. :D :D

blessed baby cakes said:
I don't get it........ :roll:
You're not expected to, its a squaddie thing.

Go back to fluffy kitten and puppy threads in the Civ/div forum.

No need to post a bone reply, we'll take it as read you'll make a comeback thats as funny as a colonic cancer :D

Minister_doh_nut said:
No need to post a bone reply, we'll take it as read you'll make a comeback thats as funny as a colonic cancer :D
Na Na NA NA Na

And how did you know?
It's my ten year clear anniversary tomorrow!
But it wasn't colonic!

And I STILL don't get it!

Letterwritingman said:
The reason why you dont get it is because.........(add your own text here......... using the words haggard ..old ....never in the kitchen etc) :wink:
The reason I don't get it is because you're a piss poor excuse for a haggard male, and this is an old fight that best suited for the NAFFI and never in the kitchen with so many sharp knives? :D

Moving the thread back on topic,

If anyone does contact his Royal highness Walt Mitty don't expect a response, Ive not had one and my enquires have varied from being polite to outright offensive :D

Minister_doh_nut said:
Moving the thread back on topic,

If anyone does contact his Royal highness Walt Mitty don't expect a response, Ive not had one and my enquires have varied from being polite to outright offensive :D
Oh Goodie! Now I get it a witch hunt!
So which witch are you hunting?
and why can't you post a direct link?
that way the tree huggers get the weekend off!