Feedback from Spain

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Spanish_Dave, Aug 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Hi all, this feedback is a thank you and goes to all who help them out

Hello Dave,

Hope you are back from holiday and had had a lovely time and that the weather stayed good for you. I had left writing to you as I wasn't sure when you were all returning home.

I just wanted to say, yet again, thank you so so much for all that you have done for us and for organising the trip for us. We all had a lovely time. It was great to be able to spend time with baby away like that, and lovely to have had a proper family holiday this year. It would have seemed like too much to have organised that on my own, and I am so utterly grateful that you and Chris have put so much work and effort into sorting it all for us. My mother really enjoyed being over there, and it was nice to be able to spend some time with her, also because she has done so much for baby and I over the last year that it was a lovely way for her to be able to get a break and relax aswell.

Thank you Dave, I cannot thank you enough for your kindness.
  2. That makes all the tiredness and hard work worth it doesn't it? And she is right, you are all stars.....thank you
  3. The letter that Dave has posted has been somewhat diluted and names removed. When he sent it to me, I blubbed my moobs off.

Whilst I can't and won't divuldge details of the case, its not rocket science why Wife and daughter took Mum along and not hubby.

Daughter only had her second birthday just before they travelled.... She'll grow up with pictures and photographs rather than the legend that is her Dad.

This is one of the most moving ones but Dave, when over there met up with several people who are there because of you lot.
  4. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

And at the end of the day,that's what makes HTO worthwhile!I gathered they were man down so to give a family a break from the hardship & grief brought a small smile out, however the circumstances are saddening.
    Well done all!!Especially the organ grinder & the monkeys.
  5. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Worthwhile effort.
    So sorry it was necessary.
    All that sort of stuff .. *cough*

It's just SO important that folks like these have a chance to get away from the "home" environment. It's not just money for a holiday ... it's giving them a chance to re-adjust in a neutral environment. And whether Daddy is there with bits missing, or not there at all ... it's the same thing. The FAMILY need to get their heads together again after an experience that most of us [thank God] will never fully understand.

Dave and Chris, keep playing your organs.
    I'll be dancing around on top, as usual.

Thanks for the analogy, Spike :roll:
  6. What are these "moobs" you speak of? Do you have pictorial evidence of them weeping?
  7. blue-sophist

give him a break ... he's tired, illiterate, ignorant and fat ... and does a great job. :wink:
  8. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Moobs...Man bOOBS..

Oh hang on.
  9. I hope some of the critics take note of this.

Good drills
  10. blue-sophist

It's been a good 2 1/2 days, despite the odd hiccup.
    Despite the associated tragedy for this family, this message is the icing on the cake for me.
  11. Im extremely sorry that i cant donate :(
    im only 15 so i have nothing but well done to all you guys that do this.
  12. Hold that thought, hang on to that attitude, and you won't go far wrong in life.

P.S. Leave the small animals alone! :)
  13. blue-sophist

Well impressed ... good luck for the future, that man :wink:
  14. The fact that you give a shite means more than you realise. I hope my daughter has your attitude when she gets to your age.

You could always organise a sponsored event or something similar to raise funds if you want to get involved.
  15. what stills said......

head down, work and train hard, keep your nose clean, be the best you can be in all parts of your life - but you know all from you counts for so much